Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 A McCain "Win" Will Be Theft, Resistance Is Planned 
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=132x7537163

davidswanson (1000+ posts)
    A McCain "Win" Will Be Theft, Resistance Is Planned Updated at 2:46 PM

Advertisements [?]
    If your television declares John McCain the president elect on the evening of November 4th, your television will be lying. You should immediately pick up your pre-packed bags and head straight to the White House in Washington, D.C., which we will surround and shut down until this attempt at a third illegitimate presidency is reversed.

A McCain "win" will not be illegitimate because I disagree with his policies, but because he himself has rendered it illegitimate. He and his campaign and allied supporters have sought to illegally remove hundreds of thousands of voters from the rolls, fraudulently registered people as Republicans without their knowledge and against their will, obstructed voter registration drives, falsely warned students against voting where they attend school, falsely accused community groups of voter registration fraud, falsely alleged the widespread existence of voter fraud, and encouraged supporters to falsely believe McCain's opponent is a foreign terrorist through speeches, recorded phone messages, and flyers. Already in early voting in a number of states there have been cases of votes on electronic machines visibly flipping to McCain or McKinney when intended for Obama. We will see McCain supporters on November 4th challenging people's right to vote, seeking to force people to vote on provisional ballots, and seeking to have provisional ballots discarded. And we will see electronic vote counts wildly out of step with the most recent polls, although not with exit polls -- which we will be denied any access to unless they have been "adjusted" to match the official counts.

Inciting your supporters to violence with racist and religious lies about your opponent, effectively alleging treason on absolutely no basis, should be enough, alone, to disqualify a campaign for the presidency of the United States. Working to block voters from registering should be enough on its own. Any of the dozens of creative forms of vote suppression currently being used by the Republicans should be enough. And allowing votes to be counted on completely unverifiable machines owned and controlled by corporations allied with your party should make the results illegitimate even if plausible. If McCain is declared the "winner," it will not be plausible, but at this point he has so disgraced himself and our electoral system that he is no longer a legitimate candidate for president regardless of what the polls (themselves fallible, but all we've got) say just before election day. Too many people have already been denied the opportunity to even push the buttons and have their votes miscounted. Too much incendiary slander has been let loose. Too much visible vote flipping has already been documented.

If Obama officially wins, McCain is likely to challenge it, charging the Obama campaign with some of the very crimes engaged in by McCain himself. Our reaction should be exactly the same in the event of a McCain challenge as in the event of a McCain "victory." We should not sit back for even a split second and wonder how it will work out. We should not try to organize a plan on the spur of the moment to travel to key battleground states. We should be prepared already to immediately travel to Washington, D.C., head straight for the White House, occupy Lafayette Square Park, the Ellipse, and surrounding streets, block entrances, and shut the place down until Obama is recognized as the president elect or we are guaranteed a credible election with universal registration and hand-counted paper ballots.

We may be there for days or weeks or months. But we must be there. We must be there by the millions. We must show each other, and the nation, and the world that we have had enough, that we will not stand for one more stolen election, that we will not give in to fear, lies, theft, and intimidation. If they choose to attack our nonviolent gathering of citizens, let them do it right in front of George W. Bush's White House with the world's media watching. We will not back down.

I'm not hoping it comes to this, of course. If it doesn't because the official election results are credible and just, we should celebrate and prepare to lobby our government for real change. But if resistance does not develop because people are too scared and obedient to act, then you'll still be glad you packed ahead of time, and you might want to look into tickets to Canada.
    “Bodily vigor is good, and vigor of intellect is even better, but far above both is character” - Theodore Roosevelt - March 31, 1900

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Hee,hee,hee...

DavidSwanson is one of my favorite DUmmies. You have to love the way they try and cover all the bases. If the eeeeevil ReThugs lose they will riot. If WE lose it's stolen.

DUmmies, personally I think your boy is going to win. I can only HOPE
    enough people regain their sanity when they get into the booth and
    realize Teh O is nothing but a cheap,empty, Chicago suit.

I certainly HOPE McCain somehow does win cause I want to watch all
    you idiots beat your chests Tuesday night, cry foul, cry theft, cry in general,
    and then start countless threads on leaving the country ala Mr. Swanson. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Hee,hee,hee...

DavidSwanson is one of my favorite DUmmies. You have to love the way they try and cover all the bases. If the eeeeevil ReThugs lose they will riot. It WE lose it's stolen.

DUmmies, personally I think your boy is going to win. I can only HOPE
    enough people regain their sanity when they get into the booth and
    realize Teh O is nothing but a cheap,empty, Chicago suit.

I certainly HOPE McCain somehow does win cause I want to watch all
    you idiots beat your chests Tuesday night, cry foul, cry theft, cry in general,
    and then start countless threads on leaving the country ala Mr. Swanson. :D
    We could have a repeat of the Big Chicago Fire. Win or lose.

"We should be prepared already to immediately travel to Washington, D.C., head straight for the White House, occupy Lafayette Square Park, the Ellipse, and surrounding streets, block entrances, and shut the place down until Obama is recognized as the president elect or we are guaranteed a credible election with universal registration and hand-counted paper ballots."
    That sounds a great deal like terrorism to me.

"that we will not give in to fear, lies..."
    LOL, that's a good one! The Dummies give in to fear and lies all the time. In fact, they often deliberately spread both on their board.

"If they choose to attack our nonviolent gathering of citizens..."
    Nonviolent? LOL! Yeah, right! You lefty freaks can't hold mass demonstrations without getting violent, unless the police demonstrate enough of a spine to keep you psychos in line, like they did in Denver at the DNC.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    He and his campaign and allied supporters have sought to illegally remove hundreds of thousands of voters from the rolls, fraudulently registered people as Republicans without their knowledge and against their will,
    WTH? Project much?
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    We could have a repeat of the Big Chicago Fire. Win or lose.
    Or the LA riots.

Quote Originally Posted by FreakingMoonbat
    We should be prepared already to immediately travel to Washington, D.C., head straight for the White House, occupy Lafayette Square Park, the Ellipse, and surrounding streets, block entrances, and shut the place down until Obama is recognized as the president elect or we are guaranteed a credible election with universal registration and hand-counted paper ballots.

We may be there for days or weeks or months. But we must be there. We must be there by the millions. We must show each other, and the nation, and the world that we have had enough, that we will not stand for one more stolen election, that we will not give in to fear, lies, theft, and intimidation. If they choose to attack our nonviolent gathering of citizens, let them do it right in front of George W. Bush's White House with the world's media watching. We will not back down.

Yup makes note to buy stock in tear gas and tazers. :)

Quote Originally Posted by natrat
    (1000+ posts) Tue Oct-21-08 12:03 PM
    Response to Reply #117
    118. surrounding the white house is a republican wet dream so they can use their new weapons on crowds
    Let me see, we've got the heat ray that's never really been tested yet, the sound one that hurts their ears. Wasn't there work on one that makes them lose control of their bowels. That's just funny shit there. :D

Rove you magnificant bastard. Fudging the early poll numbers, so they think they'll win and then when they lose and riot, we get to try out the new toys.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie the dog
    (1000+ posts) Tue Oct-21-08 04:30 AM
    Response to Reply #27
    60. party favors???
    What is wrong with bringing a few joints to the protest?

And there we go. :D

Quote Originally Posted by YupItsMe View Post
    Wasn't there work on one that makes them lose control of their bowels. That's just funny shit there. :D
    Yes and no. For months leading up to the DNC, Glenn Spagnuolo (The self- righteous, ultra liberal ass- clown who was the unofficial leader/ spokesman for Recreate '68) began spreading paranoia among the deranged, dope- addled Anarchist sociopaths that made up his organization's foot soldiers by claiming that among the new crowd- control weapons the mean old Denver Police Department were going to be using to oppress the protestors was "The crap cannon," a spiffy new car- mounted sound wave emitting device that would blast out the Brown Note (The infamous infrasound frequency that supposedly causes everyone within earshot of it to lose bowel control) when activated. Problem is, it has been pretty well confirmed that no such tone exists. There was even an episode of Mythbusters which supposedly disproved the existence of the Brown Note. Spagnuolo was undoubtedly just making it up to try and make it seem like the police were going to be more violent than they actually were, to gain sympathy among the media and to make his Recreate '68 goons all the more eager to pick fights with the cops.
    Last edited by movie buff; 10-23-2008 at 06:49 PM.