1. #1 Election Night In Grant Park: Construction Begins 
    Oct 23, 2008 6:37 am US/Central

City Vows To Bill Obama Campaign For All Costs Associated With Massive Outdoor Bash

CHICAGO (CBS) -- Election Day is less than two weeks away, and Chicago could be home to the biggest political party in the country. Construction is underway for a massive stage in Grant Park where Barack Obama could declare victory on election night.

As CBS 2's Joanie Lum and Political Editor Mike Flannery report, tens of thousands are expected to gather before the stage on election night. One way or another, that huge crowd will witness history.

The event would require massive security, but the Obama campaign promises that Chicago taxpayers will not have to foot the bill for police, fire and medical services that would be required for election night.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/obama.e....2.846677.html
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Banned
    I would not want to be in Chicago on election night because there could be riots if he wins and burn baby burn if he loses. The heathens were out in force after the Bulls won a championship.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I would not want to be in Chicago on election night because there could be riots if he wins and burn baby burn if he loses. The heathens were out in force after the Bulls won a championship.
    What? They stuffed 100,000 people in Hutchinson field for Radiohead this summer and it went almost perfectly, the city is really good about managing the people flow and keeping things under control.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    What? They stuffed 100,000 people in Hutchinson field for Radiohead this summer and it went almost perfectly, the city is really good about managing the people flow and keeping things under control.
    Come on, Blinky. It's a Chicago tradition to riot after winning. Don't you remember the six Bulls championship riots? Oh yeah, you aren't old enough to.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Come on, Blinky. It's a Chicago tradition to riot after winning. Don't you remember the six Bulls championship riots? Oh yeah, you aren't old enough to.
    I remember and people were just excited. I was at Game 2 of the ALCS in '05, and out on the town the night we won the WS and it was fine... lotta drunks but nobody destroyed anything. Same thing happened when I went the NFC Championship game a couple years ago, people were excited by not violent.

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    City Vows To...<snipped>
    IF, god forbid, IF Hussein should win, he should declare from Ayers house. The place where it all started. He's not going to snub the people that got him this far is he? If so, what a prick.
    Be Not Afraid.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    I remember and people were just excited. I was at Game 2 of the ALCS in '05, and out on the town the night we won the WS and it was fine... lotta drunks but nobody destroyed anything. Same thing happened when I went the NFC Championship game a couple years ago, people were excited by not violent.
    Just excited? How do you explain all the broken storefront windows in River North? All the trash everywhere?

Hell, Wrigleyville is a mess after every clinching Cubs game in recent memory.