1. #1 Marine, Demoted and Discharged for Bible Verses Fights Back 
    A Christian Marine corporal, who was demoted and kicked out of the Corps with a bad conduct discharge for displaying Bible verses at her computer work station, isn't giving up the fight, and she now has some powerful allies.

Lance Cpl. Monifa Sterling was convicted of failing to go to her appointed place of duty, disrespect toward a senior commissioned officer and disobeying on four occasions a lawful direct order stemming from her refusal to remove three small Bible quotations from her desk, including a paraphrase of Isaiah 54:17, "No weapons formed against me shall prosper," Fox News reports.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/US/marine-cou...#ixzz3bNebyZM3
    Urgent: Rate Obama on His Job Performance. Vote Here Now!

Good for her.

3. #3 ur 
    It's ridiculous that she was punished for having a Bible quote on her desk. I know that technically, she was punished for refusing the order to remove it from her desk, but it was a stupid order.

I have a lot of coworkers who would have to take down posters and remove a lot of items from their workspaces if that was applied to State employees.

I've read a couple stories on this, and details have been very scarce.

But the simple fact that this made it all the way to a court martial, screams to me that she is anything but an innocent party.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I've read a couple stories on this, and details have been very scarce.

But the simple fact that this made it all the way to a court martial, screams to me that she is anything but an innocent party.
    This is what I'm interested in: "was convicted of failing to go to her appointed place of duty." I'm also thinking there might be more to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    This is what I'm interested in: "was convicted of failing to go to her appointed place of duty." I'm also thinking there might be more to the story.
    She refused counsel as well in both the Court Martial, and the Appeal. I'm sorry, but this just feels to me that she's screaming for attention.

Also, a bad conduct discharge... that is extreme. That's damn near felony level. No commander with any sense of self preservation would institute that over a bible verse.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.