Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 AP presidential poll: All even in the homestretch 

WASHINGTON (AP) - The presidential race tightened after the final debate, with John McCain gaining among whites and people earning less than $50,000, according to an Associated Press-GfK poll that shows McCain and Barack Obama essentially running even among likely voters in the election homestretch.
    The poll, which found Obama at 44 percent and McCain at 43 percent, supports what some Republicans and Democrats privately have said in recent days: that the race narrowed after the third debate as GOP-leaning voters drifted home to their party and McCain's "Joe the plumber" analogy struck a chord.

Three weeks ago, an AP-GfK survey found that Obama had surged to a seven-point lead over McCain, lifted by voters who thought the Democrat was better suited to lead the nation through its sudden economic crisis.

The contest is still volatile, and the split among voters is apparent less than two weeks before Election Day.

link

There's a poll for every opinion at the moment. :D
    Last edited by Gingersnap; 10-23-2008 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bijou View Post
    I don't know if there's a thread on CU about it but Barry's internal pollsters accidentally leaked a memo that Bar is only up 2 in Pennsylvania where the external pollsters have him up 10. I guess that's why we point and laugh at the CU liberal poll-posting puke. :D

Besides, the GOP election stealing machine is still parked in the garage and hasn't been started up yet.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I don't know if there's a thread on CU about it but Barry's internal pollsters accidentally leaked a memo that Bar is only up 2 in Pennsylvania where the external pollsters have him up 10. I guess that's why we point and laugh at the CU liberal poll-posting puke. :D

Besides, the GOP election stealing machine is still parked in the garage and hasn't been started up yet.
    related to this? :D

Rendell ‘Nervous’ McCain Could Win Pennsylvania
    October 22, 2008 9:37 AM

McCain McMentum?

Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell wants Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., back in the Keystone State. He's worried Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., could still pull off a victory there.

"I don’t want to be selfish,” Rendell told CNN. “But I’m still a little nervous, so I have asked Obama to come back. We understand he’s got demands from 20 different states, but we’d like to see him here.”

Rendell sent the leadership of the Obama campaign two e-mails asking them to get Obama to Western Pennsylvania, along with asking for Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., to come back into the state, where she trounced Obama in the primaries, ABC News Political Director David Chalian reports.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post

Yep, right here :)

http://www.conservativeunderground.c...ead.php?t=6701

This election's clearly not over 'till it's over.
    btw, I'll be voting absentee tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by bijou View Post

Tell me about it: :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Obama Leads Among "Formerly Living" Voters

Formerly living voters line up at an ACORN get-out-the-vote rally.

A new Zogby poll among likely voters shows that Barack Obama has taken a commanding lead among dead, or "Formerly Living" voters in several key swing states by margins of as much as 90%. Analysts attribute this lead to an extraordinary outreach by advocacy groups such as ACORN, which have been focusing their efforts on new voter registrations in this previously underserved community, as well as specific concerns that the formerly living have expressed to pollsters. Speaking anonymously, a Chicago alderman stated that the formerly living have always been seen as a key constituency in this critical state, and have often played a major role in picking winners in Illinois politics.

The overwhelming majority of formerly living voters expressed admiration for Obama's intelligence, citing "Braaaaaaaaaaaaiiins" as their number one concern, followed by the economy, health care and decomposition.

The poll had a margin of error of +/- 17%. A Zogby spokesman explained the high error percentage on the number of pollsters who were devoured prior to posting their results.
    Quote Originally Posted by movie buff View Post
    This election's clearly not over 'till it's over.
    btw, I'll be voting absentee tomorrow.
    This will be my first election in TX. I'm doing it in person just so that I can gauge the local turnout.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Eyelids
    Rendell wants Obama to come back because it helps all the Democrats in the state when he's around.

folks
    Even the fox news poll has Obama up by 9. This is not a a good thing if you're a McCain fan.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...obama-225.html
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Rendell wants Obama to come back because it helps all the Democrats in the state when he's around.
    What, are you Rendell's personal spin doctor now? There's a goddamn quote up above that is as clear as day why he wants Obama back.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by crockspot View Post
    What, are you Rendell's personal spin doctor now? There's a goddamn quote up above that is as clear as day why he wants Obama back.
    Because politicians always make their intentions clear.