Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    C'mon megs... really now. If you could actually prove that, you might have won a nobel prize by now.

Why do you feel the need to just make shit up and pretend its fact?
    Hey willie do you have a dog in this fight ?

No one is sure... which makes the correct answer for this poll the "Not sure" answer.

No one is exactly sure what causes left-handedness either... its also only present in a small minority of people... does that mean we should call it a disease/disorder and try to "cure" it?

Oddly enough, homosexual males are much more likely to be left-handed.... everyone who is left handed, raise your hand;)
    Now how did you know that ?Have you been privy to their innermost secrets.Next you'll try and convince us that pedophiles aren't homosexuals but normal free ranging males !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Now how did you know that ?Have you been privy to their innermost secrets.Next you'll try and convince us that pedophiles aren't homosexuals but normal free ranging males !
    I read.

There really isnt much of a connection between pedophilia and sexual orientation... and just FYI... it comes it both flavors.

http://www.internationalorder.org/scandal_response.html

According to Groth, child molesters can be divided into two types: “fixated” and “regressed.” The fixated offender is attracted primarily to children and has little or no interest in adult relationships; such a person is known in clinical terms as a “pedophile.” The regressed offender is interested in and capable of adult sexual relationships; however, this person may on occasion regress to sexual encounters with children, often as a result of difficulties and frustration in his adult relationships.15

Groth writes that the fixated offender, or pedophile, tends to select boys more often than girls, but for reasons having nothing to do with homosexuality:

In general, fixated child molesters are drawn to children sexually in that they identify with the child and appear in some ways to want to remain children themselves. It is for this reason that the trend for fixated offenders is to target boys as victims. . . . They see the boy as a projected representation of themselves. They feel themselves to be more child than adult – more boys than men – and therefore find themselves more comfortable (especially sexually) in the company of children. . . .16

Groth stresses that “these same individuals are uninterested in adult homosexual relationships. In fact, they frequently express a strong sexual aversion to adult males, reporting that what they find attractive about the immature boy are his feminine features and the absence of secondary sexual characteristics such as body hair and muscles.”17 The second type of offender, the regressed offender, is predominantly heterosexual. However, he may temporarily turn to boys or girls as a result of complications in his adult relations.18 Although regressed offenders are more likely to choose girls than boys as victims, writes Groth, what attracts the regressed male offender to boys are the feminine characteristics of pre‑ pubescents. Groth found no cases of boy molestation in which the offender had an adult homosexual orientation. Concludes Groth,

Homosexuality and homosexual pedophilia are not synonymous. In fact, it may be that these two orientations are mutually exclusive, the reason being that the homosexual male is sexually attracted to masculine qualities whereas the heterosexual male is sexually attracted to feminine characteristics, and the sexually immature child’s qualities are more feminine than masculine. . . . The child offender who is attracted to and engaged in adult sexual relationships is heterosexual. It appears, therefore, that the adult heterosexual male constitutes a greater sexual risk to underage children than does the adult homosexual male.19

snip....

This finding is consistent with other research studies on the phenomenon of pedophilia. These studies stress that what the pedophile seeks are the qualities of “childness,” such as small stature, hairlessness, and an innocent, trusting disposition; the maleness or femaleness of the child is secondary.23
    So yep... pedophiles arent homosexual.
    Last edited by wilbur; 10-24-2008 at 04:09 PM.

No one is sure... which makes the correct answer for this poll the "Not sure" answer.

No one is exactly sure what causes left-handedness either... its also only present in a small minority of people... does that mean we should call it a disease/disorder and try to "cure" it?

Oddly enough, homosexual males are much more likely to be left-handed.... everyone who is left handed, raise your hand;)
    Since you don't know what causes homosexuality, how can you state that treatment via counseling is pseudo-science? You need to know the cause of one to determine the viability of the other. You have jumped to conclusion based on absolutely no evidence. I suspect that because this counseling has a religious basis you have determined it to be junk science with not basis to back that up. That is very unlike you. Your bias against religion taints the objectivity of you opinions.
    Last edited by FlaGator; 10-24-2008 at 08:57 PM.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

I read.

There really isnt much of a connection between pedophilia and sexual orientation... and just FYI... it comes it both flavors.

Then why do must pedophiles tend to have a predilection to one sex over the other? In many cases some pedophiles tend to be homosexual and some tend to be heterosexuals.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

I read.

More Psychobabble and bullshit .If you are a man and sexually into men or young men you are homosexual by definition period.

If you are a man and into men or male children then you are a homosexual pedophile by definition.Ipso Facto Willie !By the same token if you are attracted to young girls and are an adult male you could become a pedofile !

ped·o·phil·i·a (pd-fl-, pd-)
    n.
    The act or fantasy on the part of an adult of engaging in sexual activity with a child or children.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    [SIZE="3"]More Psychobabble and bullshit .If you are a man and sexually into men or young men you are homosexual by definition period.
    Ok, lets hear it... tell us what you believe, and why you can simply dismiss the opinions of experts as psychobabble because it may have to make you rethink your deeply cherished belief about homosexuals... experts who have endeavoured to understand how and why something like paedophilia exists so that it can be understood, and dealt with effectively.

Lets hear your reasoning as to why homosexuality and paedophilia are related... I'm guessing you'll say one leads to the other.

The religious persons desire to conflate homosexuality and paedophilia for the convenience of their own anti-homosexual agenda isnt just stupid... its a mandate to forever misunderstand the one of the most grave issues we face today and it puts all children out there at risk by running interference on those who would honestly try to understand it.

So go ahead.... spell it out.

If you are a man and into men or male children then you are a homosexual pedophile by definition.Ipso Facto Willie !By the same token if you are attracted to young girls and are an adult male you could become a pedofile !
    Paedophiles arent into men or women, or even young men or young women. They are into pre-pubescent children..
    Last edited by wilbur; 10-25-2008 at 11:01 AM.

Oh-oh-oh-oh Wilbur...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Then why do must pedophiles tend to have a predilection to one sex over the other? In many cases some pedophiles tend to be homosexual and some tend to be heterosexuals.
    But the most important factor is the age, to a pedophile... sex is secondary. In other words, a NAMBLA card-carrying pedophile will abuse a child girl in the absence of any pre-pubescent boys.

Some research even suggests that adult homosexuality and same sex pedophilia may be mutually exclusive:

http://www.springerlink.com/content/tr7388256l7437xh/

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    What causes homosexuality?
    Track lighting and ferns.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!