Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Despite the fact I will be criticized and ridiculed for my opinion, here it is.

I know a few homosexual people. I went to school with one, who will be the basis for my argument. I've talked to him about it, and trust me, if he could CHOOSE to be straight, he would. He has been bullied, harrassed, insulted, and just overall treated like absolute shit because of how he is. Are you honestly trying to tell me he is CHOOSING a lifestyle which automatically makes him an outcast? If you think that way, I don't know what to say other than you are flat out wrong.

Many homosexuals are normal people who are trying to live their lives like the rest of us. Its that small portion of "activists" who cause the whole group to be viewed as extremist nutjobs. Most of them, you wouldn't be able to tell one way or another just by seeing them, looking at them, etc. They keep their private business private, the way it should be.

If you are going to base it on a religious argument, here's my response. Only one person makes the final decision if you go to Hell or Heaven. And that person is none of us. And anyone who has met him and seem him make said decision has never returned to this earth to share the outcome. So for lowly human to make that decision and cast that sentence on someone without knowing what the big guy upstairs REALLY thinks of it is absurd and stupid. Its not OUR place to judge someone based on who they go to bed with, that really is an ultimate decision that is "above my pay grade".

Now let me make this point. I do not support Gay Marriage. I support Civil Unions, which give the same rights as straight married couples to gay couples, but protects the "sanctity of marriage". Many gay couples simply want the ability to file joint tax returns, family health care, etc. IMO, they're not asking much, honestly. Again, this is referring to the vast majority of gays and lesbians, not that loud and obnoxious "activist" bunch like Ellen Degeneres who try to take their beliefs and shove it in everyones faces.
    Hello, welcome to the United States of America.
    Please press 1 for English. If you can't please press 2 to disconnect until you learn how to speak English. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by GenYConservative View Post
    Despite the fact I will be criticized and ridiculed for my opinion, here it is.

I know a few homosexual people. I went to school with one, who will be the basis for my argument. I've talked to him about it, and trust me, if he could CHOOSE to be straight, he would. He has been bullied, harrassed, insulted, and just overall treated like absolute shit because of how he is. Are you honestly trying to tell me he is CHOOSING a lifestyle which automatically makes him an outcast? If you think that way, I don't know what to say other than you are flat out wrong.

Many homosexuals are normal people who are trying to live their lives like the rest of us. Its that small portion of "activists" who cause the whole group to be viewed as extremist nutjobs. Most of them, you wouldn't be able to tell one way or another just by seeing them, looking at them, etc. They keep their private business private, the way it should be.

If you are going to base it on a religious argument, here's my response. Only one person makes the final decision if you go to Hell or Heaven. And that person is none of us. And anyone who has met him and seem him make said decision has never returned to this earth to share the outcome. So for lowly human to make that decision and cast that sentence on someone without knowing what the big guy upstairs REALLY thinks of it is absurd and stupid. Its not OUR place to judge someone based on who they go to bed with, that really is an ultimate decision that is "above my pay grade".

Now let me make this point. I do not support Gay Marriage. I support Civil Unions, which give the same rights as straight married couples to gay couples, but protects the "sanctity of marriage". Many gay couples simply want the ability to file joint tax returns, family health care, etc. IMO, they're not asking much, honestly. Again, this is referring to the vast majority of gays and lesbians, not that loud and obnoxious "activist" bunch like Ellen Degeneres who try to take their beliefs and shove it in everyones faces.
    Why would many of us criticize your opinion? I too believe that most homosexuals are normal everyday people. I feel that homosexual activity is sinful and is wrong, but that doesn't preclude me from liking the individual. This is a case where I can respect a person but not approve a certain aspects of their behavior. I'm a recovering alcoholic. There were plenty of people who liked me and thought I was a decent guy but did not approve of my drinking and where concerned for my health and safety. It's not the same thing but here are some parallels between the way society looks at both the homosexual and the alcoholic.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis