Thread: Yes on 8 v. No on 8 - Oakland, CA Political Culture War

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    I'm saying - on this issue - it's not really any of my business and religion should stay out of politics.

You got that wrong. Politics is supposed to stay out of Religion.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    You got that wrong. Politics is supposed to stay out of Religion.
    Then let all marriages be licensed and administered by the Church. No, I’ve got it right - local, state and national governments have made much money off the supposed institution of marriage. Let it be administered by pastors, rabbis, priests and monks. That way you’d force the atheists to donate to the cause.;)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    I'm saying - on this issue - it's not really any of my business and religion should stay out of politics.
    I'm not religious and I voted against fag's marrying in Arizona.

that's interesting, i've really only heard religious-based arguments against same sex marriage. would you mind expanding a little on why you are against it? im just curious is all.

Quote Originally Posted by cowbell View Post
    that's interesting, i've really only heard religious-based arguments against same sex marriage. would you mind expanding a little on why you are against it? im just curious is all.
    Once you open the door for the homos, you open it up for everyone else who feels the government is violating their rights. All it takes is one person and a crazy group like the ACLU to raise a stink.

Many people here in California don't like judges who legislate from the bench. If you research our court cases at the appellate level and above, the US Supreme court has overturned a lot of their liberal rulings. I honestly feel that if the gays didn't go running to the courts to force their agenda upon us, they would have gained more acceptance over time.

If the measure passes, the homos can only blame themselves. I don't understand why they aren't happy with their civil unions.

Quote Originally Posted by cowbell View Post
    Simple.
    Fags make me sick.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    Simple.
    Fags make me sick.
    Sex with animals or men with men sexually always makes me ill.What is the matter with those diseased critters ?Something in their upbringing went wrong and they wound up on the wrong path in life.At one time they,Homosexuals , were diagnosed as having a mental condition but the Psychologists under pressure from the Homosexual lobby changed the definition !

"There is no evidence that shows that homosexuality is genetic—and none of the research itself claims there is. Only the press and certain researchers do, when speaking in sound bites to the public." (Jeffrey Satinover, M.D., The Journal of Human Sexuality, 1996, p.8.)

"On December 15, 1973, the American Psychiatric Association, removed homosexuality from its official list of mental disorders."

http://pspruett.blogspot.com/2005/11...sfunction.html

Banned
    The CA teachers Unions donated 1 million to defeat the Prop; the members of this union have no choice in how their money is being spent and many will vote yes which is a vote against queers marrying each-other.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Sex with animals or men with men sexually always makes me ill.What is the matter with those diseased critters ?Something in their upbringing went wrong and they wound up on the wrong path in life.At one time they,Homosexuals , were diagnosed as having a mental condition but the Psychologists under pressure from the Homosexual lobby changed the definition !

"There is no evidence that shows that homosexuality is genetic—and none of the research itself claims there is. Only the press and certain researchers do, when speaking in sound bites to the public." (Jeffrey Satinover, M.D., The Journal of Human Sexuality, 1996, p.8.)

"On December 15, 1973, the American Psychiatric Association, removed homosexuality from its official list of mental disorders."

http://pspruett.blogspot.com/2005/11...sfunction.html
    I don't know whether they are genetic or mental aberrations, either way they are defective and should be treated as such.

the answer was civil unions, that wasn't the agenda. I'm still hoping for Ca. to fall into the Pacific. And I have relatives there.