Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ConJinx View Post
    the answer was civil unions, that wasn't the agenda. I'm still hoping for Ca. to fall into the Pacific. And I have relatives there.
    Hey ConJinx, haven't seen your snail tracks around here in quite a spell. Come to get salt sprinkled on you again?:p
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    The CA teachers Unions donated 1 million to defeat the Prop; the members of this union have no choice in how their money is being spent and many will vote yes which is a vote against queers marrying each-other.
    I read about this and here we have LP bitching about how much the mormons have donated.

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    I don't know whether they are genetic or mental aberrations, either way they are defective and should be treated as such.
    We've tried this before. In the late 19th through the early 20th century the theory of eugenics became very popular in America. Introduced in 1883 by Sir Francis Galton, eugenics was based on the quasi-Darwinian idea that modern medicine allowed genetically unfit human individuals to reproduce. In a more natural state, these unfit humans would have died before they could pass their genes to the next generation. Thus humanity was regressing evolutionarily. Some groups that were deemed unfit were non-whites, the mentally insane, and yes, sexual deviants. By the mid-20th century most states had endorsed sterilization programs to remove some or all of these groups from the gene-pool.

These programs did not work, however. It turns out that while the genes that determine hair and eye color are easy to isolate and reinforce through selective breeding, isolating the genetic basis for traits such as epilepsy confounds biologists and medical researchers to this day. Furthermore, developing an accurate metric for abstract qualities such as intelligence or sexuality has proved impossible.

I urge you to be wary of supporting different treatment of groups that are considered below the ideal standards of society. America tried it, and it didn't work. Worse, it resulted in the physical mutilation of citizens that had otherwise broken no law.

If you're interested, the details of this post came from:
    http://www.accd.edu/sac/honors/main/papers02/Judge.htm

Quote Originally Posted by cowbell View Post
    that's interesting, i've really only heard religious-based arguments against same sex marriage. would you mind expanding a little on why you are against it? im just curious is all.
    It revolves around the question of why the homosexual lobby insists on pushing for the right to "marry" even though civil unions confer the same rights. It also involves the worry - whether it be legitimate or not - that opening up the definition of marriage to anything other than the traditional male - female role, weakens the institution. An institution that many believe is vital to the survival of the family, and to the health of a society.

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cowbell View Post
    We've tried this before. . . By the mid-20th century most states had endorsed sterilization programs to remove some or all of these groups from the gene-pool.
    Except homosexuals engage in selective removal from the gene pool. If homosexuality is normal and gays are genetically predisposed, then nature insists that they remove themselves from the gene pool. A 100% gay man (or woman) who will not have sex with a woman (or man) has no natural chance at reproduction.

Yet modern science has made sperm donation possible, allowing these people to circumvent nature, and reintroduce their genetic code into the gene pool.

Big difference between eugenics, which is basically forced selection, and nature, which seeks to weed homosexuality out of the gene pool.

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    Yet modern science has made sperm donation possible, allowing these people to circumvent nature, and reintroduce their genetic code into the gene pool.
    And you'd take that option away from gays if you could, right? ;)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Ha ha, could'nt resist, you call it an option for gays! I'm pretty sure it would be the only way, no options!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Ha ha, could'nt resist, you call it an option for gays! I'm pretty sure it would be the only way, no options!
    Yes, amusing, but I think I was speaking to the reality of 'parenthood', something that sticks directly in the craw of many straights.

It is amusing. Without the "option" humanity would die out, no?

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Of course - but our time will see that it doesn't. Well, that and the size of Mormon families.