Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    The AT starts back up again next month...I can't wait!! But the first trip out is going to be killer, I haven't been on the trail since July! :eek:

Are you doing the entire state of Pennsylvania in section hikes? That's a cool thing to do. I don't know how people get the time to do a through hike.

This is a good organization with lots of interesting resources.

http://www.appalachiantrail.org/site....BEA0/Home.htm
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Are you doing the entire state of Pennsylvania in section hikes? That's a cool thing to do. I don't know how people get the time to do a through hike.

This is a good organization with lots of interesting resources.

http://www.appalachiantrail.org/site....BEA0/Home.htm
    Yes. I started at the southern end at the border with Maryland and have been making my way north, section by section. All but about 2 sections so far I've done out and back, so by the time I'm done I will have done most of Pennsylvania twice.

Right now I'm at the Allentown area, which is just slightly over the 1/2 way mark. I may do more thru hiking now, as the base is a bit closer of a drive, so taking 2 cars won't be such a hassle.

It's been great fun. And the little towns are wonderful. We always manage to find a great little bar/restaurant for dinner afterwards.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    Yes. I started at the southern end at the border with Maryland and have been making my way north, section by section. All but about 2 sections so far I've done out and back, so by the time I'm done I will have done most of Pennsylvania twice.

Right now I'm at the Allentown area, which is just slightly over the 1/2 way mark. I may do more thru hiking now, as the base is a bit closer of a drive, so taking 2 cars won't be such a hassle.

It's been great fun. And the little towns are wonderful. We always manage to find a great little bar/restaurant for dinner afterwards.
    Sounds like fun. It does make it go faster if you do have a hiking partner and two cars. We've picked up and dropped off people who were thru hiking or doing long sections and it really helped them out plus it was fun. Sort of vicariously enjoying their adventure.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!