1. #1 Obnoxious political mailings 
    I received one yesterday that has me boiling mad. It's a picture of a woman probably in her 80's, very wrinkled and wearing an apron.

In large print, it says:

JOHN McCAIN'S RETIREMENT PLAN:

WORK FOREVER

It's the typical fear-mongering the Dems do every election, trying to scare the seniors about Social Security privatization.

Then there was the "In 2008, who would be against Equal Pay for Women?"

Of course, it's the evil Republican. They have the quote from Lilly Ledbetter, who worked at some plant, saying, "On the economy, it's John McCain who needs an education".

Of course there's the compulsory picture of McCain scowling and the happy face of the Annointed One, chatting with white people.

I thought Colin Powell chastised the McCain camp for too much negativity. In the bellweather state of Mo, we're getting inundated with Obama hate crap. I dislike Obama more and more each day.

And I have less respectg for Colin Powell each day. I guess he doesn't get this type of mailing at his house. Maybe I should send him some of the lovely mail from the Annointed Messiah. :mad:

The Obama campaign has so much money now they're calling to confirm that we got their stupid mailing. SR just hung up on their recorded call.

And got 2 more large glossy mailings from O. This one is titled "The Choice for President Your retirement may depend on it". It has a pic of people obviously retired for a long time.

Then there's the happy little one, with the Messiah on the front cover with a little white girl, with the headline RESPONSIBILITY STARTS AT HOME.

It's a chilling glimpse into the future. The Messiah is now telling us to read to the kids, shelve the video games, turn off the tv. It's not that I disagree with him on some of this, but hate for the state to start dictating what goes on in the privacy of the home.

Then there's a pic of McCain, saying he proposed abolishing the US Department of Education. Go McCain! I was briefly a teacher and think that probably is a good idea. :D

Off to the grocery store, with a stop at the recycling trash can, where this Obama stuff belongs.
    Last edited by SaintLouieWoman; 10-25-2008 at 06:16 PM.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    I don't get any mailings from the Democrats. I do get quite a bit from the Republicans. I haven't even received any mailings telling me how I should vote on amendments. The commercials are killing me though. I want this election over just so I don't have to deal with the stupid commercials anymore.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I don't get any mailings from the Democrats. I do get quite a bit from the Republicans. I haven't even received any mailings telling me how I should vote on amendments. The commercials are killing me though. I want this election over just so I don't have to deal with the stupid commercials anymore.
    Those Obama jerks are going after everyone here. I've never gotten Dem mail before. These things are really ticking me off.

It just shows when a candidate has unlimited funds, he can target everyone. In our case, they're wasting the postage and paper. :D

Well actually the stuff goes directly to our recycling bin, so it's not a total waste. Or I might give it to my son for the bottom of his birds' cages.

I'm so tired of the political ads. Since I mailed in my ballot weeks ago those mailings go straight into our paper recycle bin. Well, sometimes, I draw on Obama and Biden's faces. Of course making them devils might be considered racist. :p
    Woe to those who call evil good
    and good evil,
    who put darkness for light
    and light for darkness,
    who put bitter for sweet
    and sweet for bitter.

Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    and clever in their own sight.

Isaiah 5:20-21

I'm ready to start throwin stuff at the TV, I'm so sick of the commercials.....And the stupid Frakken ones are the worst.
    Say what ya mean and get to the point quick....I don't have the attention span to listen to bullshit...

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredHome View Post
    I'm so tired of the political ads. Since I mailed in my ballot weeks ago those mailings go straight into our paper recycle bin. Well, sometimes, I draw on Obama and Biden's faces. Of course making them devils might be considered racist. :p
    I've decided on a new use for those Obama/Biden mailings. I'm going to cut out a pic of Obama and paste it on my punching bag downstairs. Then when I get really stressed after watching all those hate political ads, I'll just go downstairs and release my frustrations.

That devil pic thing is a good idea. Thanks so much. :D