Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Farmer's Market good eats 
    So I took a trip to the Farmer's Market tonight. It was a full on binge. I got the makings for smoked sausage and lentil soup; 2 different kinds of cinnamon/sticky buns; pumpkin fudge and peanut butter fudge; chocolate covered pretzels; cajun crab dip; cheddar horseradish dip; and vegetable dip.

Then I stopped at the liquor store and got an ice wine and some Yuengling lager.

This weekend will be a pig fest!! :)

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    So I took a trip to the Farmer's Market tonight. It was a full on binge. I got the makings for smoked sausage and lentil soup; 2 different kinds of cinnamon/sticky buns; pumpkin fudge and peanut butter fudge; chocolate covered pretzels; cajun crab dip; cheddar horseradish dip; and vegetable dip.

Then I stopped at the liquor store and got an ice wine and some Yuengling lager.

Check the scales on Monday.I predict about few pounds of gain and a big dentist bill from all of the fudge !

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Check the scales on Monday.I predict about few pounds of gain and a big dentist bill from all of the fudge !
    Yeah, yeah, I know. Back on the diet on Monday. And everything that doesn't get eaten this weekend will be brought banished from the house Sunday night in some fashion or another.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Yeah, yeah, I know. Back on the diet on Monday. And everything that doesn't get eaten this weekend will be brought banished from the house Sunday night in some fashion or another.
    I'm sorry the devil made me !

Banned

I'm a bit vague on this, as I only lived in PA for 46 weeks (Berwyn) 20 years ago, but didn't you use to have to buy beer at the beer store?

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    I'm a bit vague on this, as I only lived in PA for 46 weeks (Berwyn) 20 years ago, but didn't you use to have to buy beer at the beer store?
    Yes. But I was right at the border with Delaware, so we went to the "Total Wines" store there, where you can buy liquor, wine and beer. And you can buy just a six pack of beer. I almost never have beer in my house, but for the last couple of months I've had cravings here and there for a beer. The six pack will last me until next summer. :D

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Yes. But I was right at the border with Delaware, so we went to the "Total Wines" store there, where you can buy liquor, wine and beer. And you can buy just a six pack of beer. I almost never have beer in my house, but for the last couple of months I've had cravings here and there for a beer. The six pack will last me until next summer. :D
    It's Da Phillies Run For Da World Series. I predict you will eat this way until the last pitch of the last game. :p:D
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    It's Da Phillies Run For Da World Series. I predict you will eat this way until the last pitch of the last game. :p:D
    Heh!!! Yeah, tonight there will be good eats for the game. :)

Good reminder though so I can put the beer in the fridge and have a cold one with the game. Go Phils!!

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Heh!!! Yeah, tonight there will be good eats for the game. :)

Good reminder though so I can put the beer in the fridge and have a cold one with the game. Go Phils!!

Eat hearty my lady. The Phillies ain't in the World series that often so enjoy. Then walk it off on the AT. :D
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Eat hearty my lady. The Phillies ain't in the World series that often so enjoy. Then walk it off on the AT. :D
    The AT starts back up again next month...I can't wait!! But the first trip out is going to be killer, I haven't been on the trail since July! :eek: