Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1 Farmer's Market good eats 
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,421
    So I took a trip to the Farmer's Market tonight. It was a full on binge. I got the makings for smoked sausage and lentil soup; 2 different kinds of cinnamon/sticky buns; pumpkin fudge and peanut butter fudge; chocolate covered pretzels; cajun crab dip; cheddar horseradish dip; and vegetable dip.

    Then I stopped at the liquor store and got an ice wine and some Yuengling lager.

    This weekend will be a pig fest!! :)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    So I took a trip to the Farmer's Market tonight. It was a full on binge. I got the makings for smoked sausage and lentil soup; 2 different kinds of cinnamon/sticky buns; pumpkin fudge and peanut butter fudge; chocolate covered pretzels; cajun crab dip; cheddar horseradish dip; and vegetable dip.

    Then I stopped at the liquor store and got an ice wine and some Yuengling lager.

    This weekend will be a pig fest!! :)
    Check the scales on Monday.I predict about few pounds of gain and a big dentist bill from all of the fudge !
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,421
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Check the scales on Monday.I predict about few pounds of gain and a big dentist bill from all of the fudge !
    Yeah, yeah, I know. Back on the diet on Monday. And everything that doesn't get eaten this weekend will be brought banished from the house Sunday night in some fashion or another.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    Yeah, yeah, I know. Back on the diet on Monday. And everything that doesn't get eaten this weekend will be brought banished from the house Sunday night in some fashion or another.
    I'm sorry the devil made me !
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hartford, CT USA
    Posts
    2,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    So I took a trip to the Farmer's Market tonight. It was a full on binge. I got the makings for smoked sausage and lentil soup; 2 different kinds of cinnamon/sticky buns; pumpkin fudge and peanut butter fudge; chocolate covered pretzels; cajun crab dip; cheddar horseradish dip; and vegetable dip.

    Then I stopped at the liquor store and got an ice wine and some Yuengling lager.

    This weekend will be a pig fest!! :)
    I'm a bit vague on this, as I only lived in PA for 46 weeks (Berwyn) 20 years ago, but didn't you use to have to buy beer at the beer store?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    I'm a bit vague on this, as I only lived in PA for 46 weeks (Berwyn) 20 years ago, but didn't you use to have to buy beer at the beer store?
    Yes. But I was right at the border with Delaware, so we went to the "Total Wines" store there, where you can buy liquor, wine and beer. And you can buy just a six pack of beer. I almost never have beer in my house, but for the last couple of months I've had cravings here and there for a beer. The six pack will last me until next summer. :D
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Posts
    13,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    Yes. But I was right at the border with Delaware, so we went to the "Total Wines" store there, where you can buy liquor, wine and beer. And you can buy just a six pack of beer. I almost never have beer in my house, but for the last couple of months I've had cravings here and there for a beer. The six pack will last me until next summer. :D
    It's Da Phillies Run For Da World Series. I predict you will eat this way until the last pitch of the last game. :p:D
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    It's Da Phillies Run For Da World Series. I predict you will eat this way until the last pitch of the last game. :p:D
    Heh!!! Yeah, tonight there will be good eats for the game. :)

    Good reminder though so I can put the beer in the fridge and have a cold one with the game. Go Phils!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Posts
    13,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    Heh!!! Yeah, tonight there will be good eats for the game. :)

    Good reminder though so I can put the beer in the fridge and have a cold one with the game. Go Phils!!

    Eat hearty my lady. The Phillies ain't in the World series that often so enjoy. Then walk it off on the AT. :D
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Eat hearty my lady. The Phillies ain't in the World series that often so enjoy. Then walk it off on the AT. :D
    The AT starts back up again next month...I can't wait!! But the first trip out is going to be killer, I haven't been on the trail since July! :eek:
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •