Thread: Stromboli!

1. #1 Stromboli! 
    This is a recipe my Mom got from a close friend in Georgia. I watched her make it once and tried it myself a few years ago and it is actually amazingly easy to make! Perfect for a small party (unless you want to make a few of 'em) or something different to munch on while watching football.

Stromboli

1 bag of pizza dough (I buy this at our supermarket bakery; not sure of the weight exactly but it is enough to roll out for one good size pizza)

1 large jar of decent store-bought spaghetti sauce.

1/2 lb of pepperoni, ham or other thin-slice italian-style meat

1 8oz package of shredded mozzarella

Olive oil (cold-pressed, extra-virgin, of course...)

Grated Parmesan

Roll out the pizza dough on a flat surface (use flour on the roller and rolling surface so it doesn't stick) until it is a long oval shape. This takes a little bit of elbow grease and patience if you've never rolled out dough before. Ladle on the spaghetti sauce (cold) and spread around the dough, leaving an inch or two from the edges of the dough. Layer on the meat and top with plenty of cheese. Carefully (and this is the tricky part), roll it up lengthwise until you have something that looks like a HUGE cigar, keeping the seam-side down. Fold over the ends. Brush with olive oil, sprinkle with Parmesan (or the parm/romano mix) and also dust with dry Italian seasoning, too, if you have it. Poke a few fork-holes across the top. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees until the stromboli is golden brown. Let sit for about 15 minutes or so and slice into one to one-and-a-half inch slices and serve with additional spaghetti sauce for dipping.
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

You're getting me hungry! I was going to make lasagna tomorrow,I might change nmy mind and make strombolis!!!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    You're getting me hungry! I was going to make lasagna tomorrow,I might change nmy mind and make strombolis!!!
    It sure looks quick.Make them both the Stromboli will never feed you, there isn't enough but you will need to doctor it up a little.Use two pounds of pizza dough and add some hot peppers,Prosciutto, Soppressata, Genoa Salami and Provolone cheesel, chilli pepper flakes and soak in some EVO and roll it up and bake !:D

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Man, that sounds good. Thanks. It also is now in my file.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Man, that sounds good. Thanks. It also is now in my file.
    Glad to help. I just got back from Publix with stuff for cheeseburgers & hotdogs on the grill tonight (with leftovers for tomorrow) AND the fixings for a game-time stromboli Sunday! ;)
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature