1. #1 Who do you agree with? 
    Fun Q&A comparing comments by both candidates.

I hit with McCain on two questions.....the rest with Obama.....naturally!

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Match...age?id=5542139
    Last edited by mourningdove; 10-25-2008 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mourningdove View Post
    Fun Q&A comparing comments by both candidates.

I hit with McCain on two questions.....the rest with Obama.....naturally!

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Match...age?id=5542139
    I got 2 for obaba and the rest for McCain
    Say what ya mean and get to the point quick....I don't have the attention span to listen to bullshit...

Then I would say that we are both just exactly where we need to be!

Have you voted yet? I did this morning. I love early voting. I commute about 100 miles a day (round trip) and it makes for a harrowing day if I have to vote on election day.

Patent Member
    Hm, 4 for Obama: Immigration, global warming, and normalization of sodomy.

Unfortunately, McCain isn't very different than Obama when it comes to these issues. I don't see any substantive difference between the two on these issues.

Bah. I'm only voting for Mickey because he'll kill bad guys, drill for oil, and protect lil' babies. Other than that, there's no real difference between these two Irishmen.

Early voters are Traitors. Election day is November 4th. It's in the Constitution.

Oh, zero for Godbama, it was too easy to tell who said what based on vocabulary and apparent sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Burr View Post
    Bah. I'm only voting for Mickey because he'll kill bad guys, drill for oil, and protect lil' babies. Other than that, there's no real difference between these two Irishmen.

Early voters are Traitors. Election day is November 4th. It's in the Constitution.

Oh, zero for Godbama, it was too easy to tell who said what based on vocabulary and apparent sanity.
    You said it in more words than I do, We ain't got a choice. McCain or a sissy!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

100 % McCain.

It was interesting, however, to see some of the quotes (many of which I was already familiar).

For example, with respect to gay marriage, is there really a difference between what the two of them are saying (in the quotes posted)?

Personally, I have absolutely no problem with gay people enter into contracts with each other, naming each other as beneficiaries of their own assets; naming each other as the health care executor, etc. The difference for me is whether or not a gay couple is entitle to the same governmental benefits as married couples (social security benefits; tax breaks; pension survivor beneficiaries, etc.).

As far as private contracts, however, I do not disagree with them creating them.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    100 % McCain.

It was interesting, however, to see some of the quotes (many of which I was already familiar).

For example, with respect to gay marriage, is there really a difference between what the two of them are saying (in the quotes posted)?

Personally, I have absolutely no problem with gay people enter into contracts with each other, naming each other as beneficiaries of their own assets; naming each other as the health care executor, etc. The difference for me is whether or not a gay couple is entitle to the same governmental benefits as married couples (social security benefits; tax breaks; pension survivor beneficiaries, etc.).

As far as private contracts, however, I do not disagree with them creating them.
    I think there is a big difference. Granting any two people the right to draw up contracts and other paperwork to assign to each other the rights, limitations and obligations implied in traditional marriage is appropriate...and I believe less harmful to the foundation of our society than trying to force the opinion of the few upon the majority.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    I think there is a big difference. Granting any two people the right to draw up contracts and other paperwork to assign to each other the rights, limitations and obligations implied in traditional marriage is appropriate...and I believe less harmful to the foundation of our society than trying to force the opinion of the few upon the majority.
    "I do not believe gay marriage should be legal...but I do believe that people ought to be able to enter into contracts, exchange powers of attorney, others way that people [who] have relationships can enter into."

"I personally believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. But I also agree with most Americans that decisions about marriage should be left to the states as they always have been."

So which one of those quotes indicates forcing the opinion of the few upon the majority?