Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I was a huge fan of Foxfire until it got hijacked big time by somebody with serious skills. I deleted the program, edited out ALL references I could find to it. Ran several cleanup programs to eliminate orphan strings and then did a disk cleaning and consolidation.

Then I waited until a new version came out before downloading again (from Foxfire and not anything like that CNET crap) and the same popups, advertising, etc. started right up again. I deleted it that time and never looked back.

I have IE, Opera and Chrome on my laptop and desktop and Safari and Chrome on the iPad.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Jeez, I just spent about 45 minutes to figure out my ex girlfriend's wireless/printer/internet. Someone else installed W10, and it truly stinks. But got it to work.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Firefox (Mozilla) lost me when they forced their CEO out for having un-PC beliefs concerning marriage.

Looks like Firefox has been losing market share, largely to Chrome, steadily since 2010:

1/2008 - 36.4%

7/2008 - 42.6%

1/2009 - 45.5%

7/2009 - 47.9%

1/2010 - 46.3%

7/2010 - 46.4%

1/2011 - 42.8%

7/2011 - 42.0%

1/2012 - 37.2%

7/2012 - 33.7%

1/2013 - 30.2%

7/2013 - 28.9%

1/2014 - 26.9%
    Mozilla CEO forced to resign, 4/2014
    7/2014 - 24.9%

1/2015 - 23.4%

7/2015 - 21.6%

1/2016 - 18.8%
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

It doesn't help that it has quickly become the crappiest of browsers.

IE or whatever it is called now is still so bloated. It's actually a good browser under the covers but Microsoft can't help but bog it down. Not to mention they are not exactly know for code optimization.

Chrome really does seem the best right now and I've slowly been doing more and more on it. I still use Fire Fox for a lot of forum browsing but most of my techie work is done using Chrome as the interface. It just works and I don't have the intense lag of IE to deal with either. Annoying Flash ads also don't make it puke all over itself.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Jeez, I just spent about 45 minutes to figure out my ex girlfriend's wireless/printer/internet. Someone else installed W10, and it truly stinks. But got it to work.
    It can be a major nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed Java View Post
    It doesn't help that it has quickly become the crappiest of browsers.

IE or whatever it is called now is still so bloated. It's actually a good browser under the covers but Microsoft can't help but bog it down. Not to mention they are not exactly know for code optimization.

Chrome really does seem the best right now and I've slowly been doing more and more on it. I still use Fire Fox for a lot of forum browsing but most of my techie work is done using Chrome as the interface. It just works and I don't have the intense lag of IE to deal with either. Annoying Flash ads also don't make it puke all over itself.
    I use Chrome at home and heavily filtered and bogged down IE at work, a defense company. I gave up on Edge for its limitations - things I had been able to do with Iron and FF. I don't love Google, but Chrome's worst (to me) limitation is my inability to set Duck Duck Go as my default search engine.
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!