Thread: Halloween Palin Prop Sparks Controversy In West Holly

1. #1 Halloween Palin Prop Sparks Controversy In West Holly 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Halloween Palin Prop Sparks Controversy In West Holly

How are they getting away with this.

"I know it's Halloween, but when you're using a vice presidential candidate with a noose around her neck, that to me has gone too far," a man identified only as "George" stated.
    "Whether I'm Republican or Democrat, it's not about that. It's about this and a noose, and it's just wrong."

"I know if we had done it with Barack Obama, people would've probably thrown things through our windows," Morrisette said.

"The image of a hanged black man is a lot more intense than the image of a hanged white woman

http://cbs2.com/local/Sarah.Palin.mannequin.2.849299

Eyelids
    a friend of mine was Sarah Palin for Halloween (we have Halloween a week early in Carbondale), it was great.

If someone had hung Adolf Obama in effigy, Jesse Jackasson would be there crapping his pants in righteous indignation and it would be covered by every network.

Of course it's difficult to hang Plugs Biden in effigy, unless the manequin had the word "retard" written on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    If someone had hung Adolf Obama in effigy, Jesse Jackasson would be there crapping his pants in righteous indignation and it would be covered by every network.

Of course it's difficult to hang Plugs Biden in effigy, unless the manequin had the word "retard" written on it.

No shit, Jackson and Sharpton would be all over it

The page also shows that McCain raising out of some flames is part of the display, and then the "artists" (libspeak for "excuse to do or say whatever I want") saying everything is fair game on Halloween. Fine then, where is Obama with a Biden ventriloquist dummy/corpse on his lap? Or Obama carrying a big hammer and sickle, slashing at the Constitution? It's all fair game, right?
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    a friend of mine was Sarah Palin for Halloween (we have Halloween a week early in Carbondale), it was great.
    I have a feeling you would be singing a different tune if it had been the Messiah up there.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    I have a feeling you would be singing a different tune if it had been the Messiah up there.
    It's been done.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26872774/

The local news rewards retards by televising their "art"
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

You Say The Battle Is Over

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    And in your cited case it was rightly condemned by the school and students.

Outrage comes from both sides when this imagery is used with a Democrat candidate, but only from the right when it is used with a Republican candidate. Hypocracy much?

I think someone should do the same thing with Obama and Biden and call it art. Heck, add a burning cross.