Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sonnabend
    May be - but I think Palin actually believes exactly what she said. That's the sad part.
    And how do you know this? Mate you are slamming a woman on her intelligence and her ability based on a misconception on how she answered a question to a seven year old.

She did the question and the reply right, and that woman has been Governor and Mayor with five children of her own. There is no question of her ability..LP this is petty sniping and IMO its unjustified.

Sonnabend, Iíve made myself crystal clear that this woman was installed in this slot strictly because of her complete and unquestioned image with the Evangelical base that McCain dumped on in 2000.

She is in way over her head. She was not thoroughly vetted by the RNC and John is sorely regretting it at this very second. The largest mistake heís ever made, politically. This decision will be his undoing.

She may be a very nice mayor and a capable governor for a remote state with more pilot licenses issued than driverís, but residing over a tiny population is a bit different than being one heart-beat away for the most powerful office on the planet.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Sonnabend
    Sonnabend, Iíve made myself crystal clear that this woman was installed in this slot strictly because of her complete and unquestioned image with the Evangelical base that McCain dumped on in 2000.
    And Obama was handed this on a plate because of his skin colour. Finish the sentence.You may not like it, but it's the truth nonetheless.

She is in way over her head. She was not thoroughly vetted by the RNC and John is sorely regretting it at this very second. The largest mistake heís ever made, politically. This decision will be his undoing.
    We disagree, many believe this was a masterstroke. The media have been trying to tear her apart...with a lot of help.

She may be a very nice mayor and a capable governor for a remote state with more pilot licenses issued than driverís, but residing over a tiny population is a bit different than being one heart-beat away for the most powerful office on the planet.
    Are we on this again? How is Obama "more qualified"? He has never been a Governor or a Mayor, has spent less than 2 years in the Senate.

Sonnabend

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post

She is FAR more qualified than Obama!!!!!
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

"VP is in charge of the United States Senate."

That is what she said.
    Toe-may-toe, toe-mah-toe.

Jeez dude.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Toe-may-toe, toe-mah-toe.

Jeez dude.

Thank you, JB, a perfect metaphor.

His most famous blunder occurred when he corrected a student's correct spelling of "potato" to "potatoe" at an elementary school spelling bee in Trenton, New Jersey, on June 15, 1992. According to his memoirs, Quayle was uncomfortable with the version he gave, but did so because he decided to trust what he described as incorrect written materials provided by the school. He informed student William Figueroa that he had misspelled the word "potato", when in fact Figueroa had spelled it correctly. Quayle then had Figueroa add an "e", not only making it incorrect, but once again making himself a target with this misspelling. Quayle was widely lambasted for his apparent inability to spell the word "potato". Figueroa was a guest on Late Night with David Letterman and was asked to lead the pledge of allegiance at the 1992 Democratic National Convention.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Quayle

Another dolt out of his depth.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Thank you, JB, a perfect metaphor.
    Uh, yeah, but not really.

Besides, it's been five minutes since you've hijacked a thread with "It's the economy stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!" times two.
    Be Not Afraid.

That being said, your side is going to lose. :p
    What's sad, is that we're supposed to be on the same side. The side of America. The more I hear you spout these phrases like "certifiable fucktard" that sound like they're funneled in a straight line from DU, the more I realize why you won't get it. It's not so much that you have different political views or a different philosophy, it's the disingenuous way you go about it. Your "side" may win, but you'll then be forced to give up the role your "side" is best at. You do pretty well as a stormcrow by posting all your economic data, or your lib talking points about the po folks in the military, but you never take a definitive stand on anything and defend it. I'm beginning to wonder if you're totally on the level here. It's going to be interesting to see the role you take here if you get the results you're hoping for in this election.

Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    It's going to be interesting to see the role you take here if you get the results you're hoping for in this election.
    Obama will be the most scrutinised president in history. Like no other. Everything he thinks, does and says will be put through two strainers: First by virtue of his party affiliation - Second by virtue of his race. Iím willing to deal with that hyper-critical system - and blast him when he fucks up.

Denounce that if you will - again, itís just our opinions.