Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 91
  1. #31  
    Senior Member MrsSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,393
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Obama will be the most scrutinised president in history. Like no other. Everything he thinks, does and says will be put through two strainers: First by virtue of his party affiliation - Second by virtue of his race. Iím willing to deal with that hyper-critical system - and blast him when he fucks up.

    Denounce that if you will - again, itís just our opinions.
    ROFL!!! He has already been forgiven for terrorist associations, underhanded dealings, and a total absense of experience...they'll forgive him anything less than just handing us to China, and maybe even that! :D:D
    -
    -
    -

    In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

    Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.
     

  2. #32  
    Senior Member MrsSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Actually we do, because the whacky-whackies can't on their own. The Palin pick has disaffected establishment Republicans, moderates, and independents. But, after the ticket loses, the right will blame it on (1) McCain's moderate stances and (2) the evil liberal media. Never, ever, ever take responsibility, even though the exit poll demographics will tell the story. Of course, they'll all be lies of the evil liberal pollsters.

    All the establishment is against the brave little extremist right-winger freedom fighters. "Red Dawn," much?
    The "Palin pick" has only disaffected those too stupid to see through the media manure. If they're that stupid, they were going to vote for O already. Remember, the "whacky-whacks" are something like 50% of the population...if not more. Actually, far more people would list you as a whacky-whack than believe Palin is one. :D
    -
    -
    -

    In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

    Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.
     

  3. #33  
    Senior Member MrsSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,393
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Scrutinized by Obama's opposition. Opposition that will undoubtedly feed lampreys like Limbaugh and company - all the other dildos in the supposedly conservative spokes hole fest on television (via FOX) and radio. They and you will look for anything you can to bring the man down, betraying your claimed loyalty and service to who's ever occupying the Oval Office. If you say you're not going to do just that - then you're a God-damned liar.
    Tsk, tsk, your liberal beliefs are sticking out all over now, LP.
    -
    -
    -

    In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

    Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.
     

  4. #34  
    Senior Member Ree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Nashnille
    Posts
    977
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    The "Palin pick" has only disaffected those too stupid to see through the media manure. If they're that stupid, they were going to vote for O already. Remember, the "whacky-whacks" are something like 50% of the population...if not more. Actually, far more people would list you as a whacky-whack than believe Palin is one. :D
    Well said...;)
    Say what ya mean and get to the point quick....I don't have the attention span to listen to bullshit...

     

  5. #35  
    Senior Member YupItsMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Vermont (yeah, I know)
    Posts
    530
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Actually we do, because the whacky-whackies can't on their own. The Palin pick has disaffected establishment Republicans, moderates, and independents. But, after the ticket loses, the right will blame it on (1) McCain's moderate stances and (2) the evil liberal media. Never, ever, ever take responsibility, even though the exit poll demographics will tell the story. Of course, they'll all be lies of the evil liberal pollsters.

    All the establishment is against the brave little extremist right-winger freedom fighters. "Red Dawn," much?

    Every time lefties like you tell Republicans that were disenfranchising the moderates we run a candidate like Bush 41, Bob Dole or McCain and lose the election. When the right wing of the party chooses the candidate we get Electoral College outcomes like Richard Nixon 1972 with 520 electoral votes or Ronald Reagan in 1984 with 525. Stop pretending you're a conservative and leave.
     

  6. #36  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hartford, CT USA
    Posts
    2,024
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    The "Palin pick" has only disaffected those too stupid to see through the media manure. If they're that stupid, they were going to vote for O already. Remember, the "whacky-whacks" are something like 50% of the population...if not more. Actually, far more people would list you as a whacky-whack than believe Palin is one. :D
    Yeah, those stupid people like George Will, Kathleen Parker, Christopher Buckley, etc. Let's put it this way (whether you agree with the selected issues or not), does Palin support:

    1. Overturning Roe v Wade?
    2. Federal legislation (of whatever type) making abortion illegal?
    3. Federal legislation (of whatever type) making same-sex marriage illegal?
    4. Teaching creationism in public schools as part of science courses
    5. Promotion of abstinence-only programs over programs that teach "safe sex?"

    As regards to her competence:
    1. Could Palin name any Supreme Court decision with which she disagreed (probabliy any other decision, in fact) other than Roe v Wade?

    2. Did she give the most God-awful rambling answer to a fairly straight-forward question (and it shouldn't have been a surprise question) regarding the economic bailout that rambled from job creation to the precipice?

    3. Did she, in her entire life, ever show the interest in foreign cultures to travel abroad, prior to, of course, her ceremonial trip to Iraq?

    So, if the whacky-whackies are more than 50% of the population, McCain/'Palin should win easily. Good on you and congratulations. However, I don't think so.

    As I said, we'll see what the demographics of the exit polls are. However, I'm sure all the Palinistas will have their excuses in place by then.
     

  7. #37  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Ree View Post
    Well said...;)
    I'll second that. :D
     

  8. #38  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hartford, CT USA
    Posts
    2,024
    Quote Originally Posted by YupItsMe View Post
    Every time lefties like you tell Republicans that were disenfranchising the moderates we run a candidate like Bush 41, Bob Dole or McCain and lose the election. When the right wing of the party chooses the candidate we get Electoral College outcomes like Richard Nixon 1972 with 520 electoral votes or Ronald Reagan in 1984 with 525. Stop pretending you're a conservative and leave.
    Don't tell me that, tell it those lefties Will, Parker, Buckley, etc. Bush 41 lost not because he was too moderate, but because his reason for winning in the first place was no longer part of the campaign. Otherwise, he likely would have lost in 88. Neither Dole nor any Republican stood a chance against Clinton (please, please tell me Clinton didn't get the majority of the popular vote, so that I can remind you of the popular vote for the Idiot Child in 2000).

    I notice you chose as your "winning" examples the second terms for each candidate, not the first. It does make a difference, you know. As specifically to Tricky Dick (whom I voted for), he was running against a guy whose VP pick turned out to have spent time in a looney bin, for Christ's sakes.

    As for me leaving, I think not. However, you're welcome to invite me to the Dome to discuss it further if you wish to make it personal. Maybe you can show me the ropes there, hot shot.
     

  9. #39  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Don't tell me that, tell it those lefties Will, Parker, Buckley, etc. Bush 41 lost not because he was too moderate, but because his reason for winning in the first place was no longer part of the campaign. Otherwise, he likely would have lost in 88. Neither Dole nor any Republican stood a chance against Clinton (please, please tell me Clinton didn't get the majority of the popular vote, so that I can remind you of the popular vote for the Idiot Child in 2000).

    I notice you chose as your "winning" examples the second terms for each candidate, not the first. It does make a difference, you know. As specifically to Tricky Dick (whom I voted for), he was running against a guy whose VP pick turned out to have spent time in a looney bin, for Christ's sakes.

    As for me leaving, I think not. However, you're welcome to invite me to the Dome to discuss it further if you wish to make it personal. Maybe you can show me the ropes there, hot shot.
    My, my, that isn't politically correct.

    Feeling a bit full of yourself tonight, eh? It's so nice of you to invite the mighty one to "show me the ropes".
     

  10. #40  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hartford, CT USA
    Posts
    2,024
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    My, my, that isn't politically correct.

    Feeling a bit full of yourself tonight, eh? It's so nice of you to invite the mighty one to "show me the ropes".
    This was the statement the poster made to me:

    Stop pretending you're a conservative and leave.
    I felt my response was measured and polite, but tempered with just the right amount of firmness. After all, whatever his name is might be able to "show me the ropes" in the Dome for all we know. Isn't that true?

    BTW, who's "the mighty one?"

    On edit: The reason I had not posted in this thread, btw, prior to being called out by megs, is that I feel this is a stupid issue. I actually agree with JB on that point. There are so many obvious things to call Palin on, that this sort of thing is a bit ridiculous and trivial. Sort of like trying to prove Obama is from Iceland.
    Last edited by Cold Warrior; 10-27-2008 at 10:14 PM.
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •