Every time lefties like you tell Republicans that were disenfranchising the moderates we run a candidate like Bush 41, Bob Dole or McCain and lose the election. When the right wing of the party chooses the candidate we get Electoral College outcomes like Richard Nixon 1972 with 520 electoral votes or Ronald Reagan in 1984 with 525. Stop pretending you're a conservative and leave.
1. Overturning Roe v Wade?
2. Federal legislation (of whatever type) making abortion illegal?
3. Federal legislation (of whatever type) making same-sex marriage illegal?
4. Teaching creationism in public schools as part of science courses
5. Promotion of abstinence-only programs over programs that teach "safe sex?"
As regards to her competence:
1. Could Palin name any Supreme Court decision with which she disagreed (probabliy any other decision, in fact) other than Roe v Wade?
2. Did she give the most God-awful rambling answer to a fairly straight-forward question (and it shouldn't have been a surprise question) regarding the economic bailout that rambled from job creation to the precipice?
3. Did she, in her entire life, ever show the interest in foreign cultures to travel abroad, prior to, of course, her ceremonial trip to Iraq?
So, if the whacky-whackies are more than 50% of the population, McCain/'Palin should win easily. Good on you and congratulations. However, I don't think so.
As I said, we'll see what the demographics of the exit polls are. However, I'm sure all the Palinistas will have their excuses in place by then.
I notice you chose as your "winning" examples the second terms for each candidate, not the first. It does make a difference, you know. As specifically to Tricky Dick (whom I voted for), he was running against a guy whose VP pick turned out to have spent time in a looney bin, for Christ's sakes.
As for me leaving, I think not. However, you're welcome to invite me to the Dome to discuss it further if you wish to make it personal. Maybe you can show me the ropes there, hot shot.
I felt my response was measured and polite, but tempered with just the right amount of firmness. After all, whatever his name is might be able to "show me the ropes" in the Dome for all we know. Isn't that true?Stop pretending you're a conservative and leave.
BTW, who's "the mighty one?"
On edit: The reason I had not posted in this thread, btw, prior to being called out by megs, is that I feel this is a stupid issue. I actually agree with JB on that point. There are so many obvious things to call Palin on, that this sort of thing is a bit ridiculous and trivial. Sort of like trying to prove Obama is from Iceland.
Last edited by Cold Warrior; 10-27-2008 at 10:14 PM.
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|