Thread: Sarah Palin on V.P. Duties?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    All politicians lie. It's part of the standard cost of doing business. Again, however, I was not endorsing Obama, what he said to "Joltin' Joe from Kokomo," or his response afterwards. I'm merely pointing out that at times it's better to pretend to be a condescening elitist than one of the boys (or girls) and if I'm selecting a President and had no other criteria with which to make the decision, I'd probably pick the former.

As to your second question, I probably haven't changed much. Since I've been here, I've always been a moderate libertarian without allegiance to either the D's or the R's. In order to illustrate those tendencies, I would point to a number of previous threads, including a great one on selling sex toys in Alabama, but they're sadly gone now. Too bad, as they were classics.

However, McCain's capitulation to the worst elements in the R party have certainly caused me to be more vocal about it. "The maverick" fell prey to the worst tendencies of pure politics and chose a running mate completely unqualified to be president, presumabliy thinking that since Obama was equally unqualified he'd be shielded from those charges while at the same time appealing to moderates himself and making the whackies happy. Interesting bet, that may still work. However, it doesn't appear so, as indicated by the large number of moderate R's and independents who are running in the other direction as fast as they can.
    "Since I've been here, I've always been a moderate libertarian without allegiance to either the D's or the R's."

The joke of the day.Are you sure that you haven't changed a mite?You are full bore Progressive/Maoist/Liberal hiding behind the Democrat party's skirts and so far into the bag for ObamaSan that you hate all things Conservative especially Sarah Paulin .

Your fears of that woman are fully spread all over these pages.Your quasi intellectual arrogance oozes out of every pore and you shape shift on every issue.Your venomous attacks on MC Cain and Paulin are second only to those of the intellectual giants EyePuss and L.P,libertarian my butt .
    Last edited by megimoo; 10-29-2008 at 11:27 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    "Since I've been here, I've always been a moderate libertarian without allegiance to either the D's or the R's."

The joke of the day.Are you sure that you haven't changed a mite?You are full bore Progressive/Maoist/
    Liberal hiding behind the Democrat party's skirts and so far into the bag for ObamaSan that you hate all things Conservative especially Sarah Paulin .

Your fears of that woman are fully spread all over these pages.Your quasi intellectual arrogance oozes out of every pore and you shape shift on every issue.Your venomous attacks on MC Cain and Paulin are second only to those of the intellectual giants EyePuss and L.P,libertarian my butt .
    Again, you mistake me. I am certainly no supporter of Obama and will be voting for neither D nor R. As to the term "moderate libertarian" I would consider combination of the following viewpoints to equate to that categorization:

1. Economics: Low taxes, free market principles with rational government regulation
    2. Defense: A strong, international, even interventionist defense posture that succeeds through the projection of force
    3. Social Issues: Government (at all levels) non-intervention in people's private lives, including drugs, relationships, and control of their own bodies. This implies support for legalizaiton of drugs, prostitution, and same-sex marriage as well as the continued legalization of abortion
    4. Civili Liberties: Preservation of individual liberties as this is what distinquishes our country from many others I've been in and to sacrifice these in the name of security is possibly the worst thing we could do

Most of those views seem pretty "moderate" and "libertarian" to me?

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Again, you mistake me. I am certainly no supporter of Obama and will be voting for neither D nor R. As to the term "moderate libertarian" I would consider combination of the following viewpoints to equate to that categorization:

1. Economics: Low taxes, free market principles with rational government regulation
    2. Defense: A strong, international, even interventionist defense posture that succeeds through the projection of force
    3. Social Issues: Government (at all levels) non-intervention in people's private lives, including drugs, relationships, and control of their own bodies. This implies support for legalizaiton of drugs, prostitution, and same-sex marriage as well as the continued legalization of abortion
    4. Civili Liberties: Preservation of individual liberties as this is what distinquishes our country from many others I've been in and to sacrifice these in the name of security is possibly the worst thing we could do

Are you really much interested in my opinion of you ? Be it Constitutional libertarian or full bore Communist at least be honest and above board ! I too hold strong Constitutional bonds and a love for my/our country and a firm belief in the innate goodness of the American people or at least as they used to be .Perhaps I have lived too long and have become deluded, my America long dead and gone ?

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    I think - like when asked which publications she reads on a regular basis - she just didn't know. :p
    1. Do you know? My point is it is inconceivable to think that somebody as accomplished as S.P. does not know what she reads on a regular basis. Perhaps she had one of those mopments where she was trying to imagine the next line of attacks the liberals would make on her and wanted to preclude a gift to the DIMocRATS.

2. She is not as stupid as the lefty media and the Uhh-Bama campaign frame her. Just because she isn't from an urbane, sofisticated east coast/west coast diseased metropolitan area, oh, and a LIBERAL, is no reason to attack her.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

1, 3 and 4...yes.

2. Not very Libertarian. (although I tend to agree) :p
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    1, 3 and 4...yes.

2. Not very Libertarian. (although I tend to agree) :p
    (2) and a little bit of (1) is what makes it "moderate." And (2) is why I could not support Ron Paul, who was, in most other areas, the perfect candidate for me.

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    1. Do you know? My point is it is inconceivable to think that somebody as accomplished as S.P. does not know what she reads on a regular basis. Perhaps she had one of those mopments where she was trying to imagine the next line of attacks the liberals would make on her and wanted to preclude a gift to the DIMocRATS.
    Of course I know - and so do you. That is a silly question.

The one posed by the reporter wasnít a gotícha quiz - it was to tell the voters something they didnít know about Ms. Palin. Shit - she could have said ĎField & Streamí and it would have sounded more intelligent than silence.

Come on, for Christís sake - donít complicate this any more than it needs to be.

McCain simply made a mistake. The girlís real good about issues like grisly bears getting into the local city dump, but thatís where her supposed expertise ends. Sheís there for the ĎChurch Ladiesí (ref. SNL) across this fine land of ours, and as arm candy for John. Thatís it - it has no more depth than that.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

The one posed by the reporter wasnít a gotícha quiz - it was to tell the voters something they didnít know about Ms. Palin. Shit - she could have said ĎField & Streamí and it would have sounded more intelligent than silence.

Come on, for Christís sake - donít complicate this any more than it needs to be.

McCain simply made a mistake. The girlís real good about issues like grisly bears getting into the local city dump, but thatís where her supposed expertise ends. Sheís there for the ĎChurch Ladiesí (ref. SNL) across this fine land of ours, and as arm candy for John. Thatís it - it has no more depth than that.
    It must really suck to be you to know your side is going to lose so badly next week that you have to resort to cognitive dissonance to try to save face.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

(2) and a little bit of (1) is what makes it "moderate." And (2) is why I could not support Ron Paul, who was, in most other areas, the perfect candidate for me.
    See, I like Paul's stance on foreign matters. He comes off to me not as an isolationist but a non-interventionalist, and I can relate heavily to that (although it would limit my choice of duty stations if it were ever seriously implemented). :p

I see myself as a Conservative-leaning Libertarian. Basically I just want government as small as possible without falling into anarchy, maximum civil liberties for all, a strong military, border control and an end to our debt. The libertarian issues like ending the war on drugs would be great too.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

The one posed by the reporter wasn’t a got’cha quiz - it was to tell the voters something they didn’t know about Ms. Palin. Shit - she could have said ‘Field & Stream’ and it would have sounded more intelligent than silence.

Come on, for Christ’s sake - don’t complicate this any more than it needs to be.

McCain simply made a mistake. The girl’s real good about issues like grisly bears getting into the local city dump, but that’s where her supposed expertise ends. She’s there for the ‘Church Ladies’ (ref. SNL) across this fine land of ours, and as arm candy for John. That’s it - it has no more depth than that.
    The girl? :D Sheesh, Pappy, I supose you'd call blinky, "Boy" wouldn't you? I thought you were maybe my age, I had no clue you were in your dotage. Second childhood? Maybe a little senile by now?? :D:D I guess that really does explain a lot of your half-baked posts.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.