Thread: Sarah Palin on V.P. Duties?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 91
  1. #81  
    Senior Member LogansPapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Surf City, USA
    Posts
    3,782
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    Second childhood? Maybe a little senile by now?? :D:D I guess that really does explain a lot of your half-baked posts.
    HEY! I'm not sen.............zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)
     

  2. #82  
    NeunElfer SuperMod hampshirebrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    TehYuk
    Posts
    3,727
    Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn
    I see myself as a Conservative-leaning Libertarian. Basically I just want government as small as possible without falling into anarchy, maximum civil liberties for all, a strong military, border control and an end to our debt. The libertarian issues like ending the war on drugs would be great too.

    Fuckin A, well said.

    This sums up my political position to a tee, especially government as small as possible and maximum civil liberties.

    Hey, if you ship out through England, let me know, I'll buy you a beer.
     

  3. #83  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    755
    I'm liking the libertarian love thats coming through this thread.
     

  4. #84  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Of course I know - and so do you. That is a silly question. The one posed by the reporter wasnít a gotícha quiz - it was to tell the voters something they didnít know about Ms. Palin. Shit - she could have said ĎField & Streamí and it would have sounded more intelligent than silence.

    Come on, for Christís sake - donít complicate this any more than it needs to be.

    McCain simply made a mistake. The girlís real good about issues like grisly bears getting into the local city dump, but thatís where her supposed expertise ends. Sheís there for the ĎChurch Ladiesí (ref. SNL) across this fine land of ours, and as arm candy for John. Thatís it - it has no more depth than that.
    I disagree, it is a good question. You and I have NEVER. Let me say it again, NEVER had the weight of a hostile media attacking us like Sarah Palin. EVERY little thing she does is scrutinized and then held up by the left as another example of how dumb/unprepared etc. They have even waffled on her being such a backwoods yokel to being a phoney because she has such expensive clothes.

    I would probably have hesitated to answer simple questions myself. You may be right in your low opinion of her. If so, your'e somehow more intuitive than 80% of Alaskans who think she is a great Governor. She must have more on the ball than the average DUmmy because she has accomplished much with little.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand
     

  5. #85  
    Senior Member LogansPapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Surf City, USA
    Posts
    3,782
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    If so, your'e somehow more intuitive than 80% of Alaskans who think she is a great Governor. She must have more on the ball than the average DUmmy because she has accomplished much with little.
    And that is where she should stay - less the RNC lose the 2012 election too.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)
     

  6. #86  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    And that is where she should stay - less the RNC lose the 2012 election too.
    Why? Because you don't like her or you're scared S---less she might spark the base? I think Uh-bama shoulod go away. The only reason he is running is his own hubris. Even he knows he brings nothing to the table.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand
     

  7. #87  
    Senior Member LogansPapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Surf City, USA
    Posts
    3,782
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)
     

  8. #88  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    I couldn't help but notice; MSNBC, Daily KOS, and NY Times all on the same link.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand
     

  9. #89  
    Senior Member LogansPapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Surf City, USA
    Posts
    3,782
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I couldn't help but notice; MSNBC, Daily KOS, and NY Times all on the same link.

    Does that make the man's words any less accurate?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)
     

  10. #90  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Does that make the man's words any less accurate?
    Fair question. His words are OPINION not FACT. My opinion is I believe she can handle the office. Sure there are better qualified but they aren't running.

    The argument is weaker on the Uhbama side. He is totally unsuited for the job as well as less prepared than Sarah Palin. He however gets a pass by Liberals who attack Mrs. Palin even though he is the top of the DIM-LIB ticket. Why no outrage regarding his lesser experience?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •