Thread: 11/4/79

1. #1 11/4/79 
    At the American Embassy in Teheran, Iran, 90 people, including 63 Americans, are taken hostage by militant student followers of Ayatollah Khomeini. The students demand the return of Shah Mohammad Reza Pablavi, who is undergoing medical treatment in New York City.
    Lots of things have happened on this day in history: http://www.historynet.com/today-in-history

1842: Abraham Lincoln marries Mary Todd in Springfield, Ill.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Lots of things have happened on this day in history: http://www.historynet.com/today-in-history

1842: Abraham Lincoln marries Mary Todd in Springfield, Ill.
    I see one event in particular in which if somebody comes and defends it, I will punch them in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I see one event in particular in which if somebody comes and defends it, I will punch them in the face.

Which event?

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Which event?
    Greensboro massacre. It hits home to me because it's close and when I lived on campus, it was home. I was around people who were affected by it. Some people think those people deserved to die because they were communists. I don't agree. You have a right to life until the law says you don't. In any case, it was mostly about racism and some people forget that. Over in Greensboro, the issue is still personal for blacks. Blacks seems to be more upset about it than communists, but of course they take it personally too. I take it personally for different reasons. It's considered to be one of Greensboro's disgraceful moments because it's believed certain people let it happen. I agree with that idea, but I don't feel like arguing about it and I don't have time to.

I thought I read it in your original link, but I can't find it now. Apparently, it was November 3, 1979.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I thought I read it in your original link, but I can't find it now. Apparently, it was November 3, 1979.
    I think the content at the link changes daily, so that is why I asked, as I could no longer see the list that pertained to the OP