Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Ditch Work On Election Day Sez Obama. 
    Obama Urges Voters to Take Day Off From Work to Help Campaign on Election Day
    Barack Obama's campaign is urging voters to take off a day from work or school on Election Day so they can help him win.

FOXNews.com

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A new 30-second spot on Barack Obama's Web site is urging voters to "talk to your boss" or professor and then take the day off from work or school to volunteer for his campaign on Election Day.

The "Take the Day" campaign suggests voters sign up to go to battleground states or work in phone banks closer to home on Nov. 4, when they would normally be at work or in class.

"We can't win this election unless every Obama supporter gets out and votes on November 4th. To do that, we need a massive team of volunteers helping us. Can you take next Tuesday off from work, join the final push, and make sure that everyone who supports Barack turns out to vote?" asks the Web page hosting the ad.

On the trail, Obama has been encouraging voters to go to the polls for early voting, and reports from several states are that Democrats are going into the voting booths in larger numbers than Republicans.

On Tuesday, several thousand people came out in a cold and steady rain to hear Obama address an outdoor rally at Widener University, outside Philadelphia.

"I just want all of you to know that if we see this kind of dedication on Election Day, there is no way that we're not going to bring change to America," he told the shivering crowd.

Click here to see the ad.

It looks a small preview of his you-people-work-while-my-people-goof-off plan.

Fox

Eyelids
    Election Day should be a holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Presumably there is nothing to stop people taking the day off as part of their allocated vacation days.

I'm hoping Obama will give me a $300k+/year phony baloney job like his wife has.

Why do you and your Obamessiah hate the economy?
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Yeah, just what we need, another holiday to pay government workers to stay home and do nothing, instead of showing up to work to do nothing.

It only takes at most an hour to vote. If your work schedule prevents you from making it to the polls, then ASK FOR A FRIGGIN ABSENTEE BALLOT!

What a bunch of lazy POS's these libbers are.

Agreed. And ditch MLK or Columbus Day.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
    Agreed. And ditch MLK or Columbus Day.
    Racist!!!!! :D

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxmchue View Post
    Why do you and your Obamessiah hate the economy?
    What makes MLK Day, Presidents Day, Veterans Day, Memorial Day, Columbus Day and Labor Day so much more important than the day we chose the people who run this country?

Election Day should be either switched to a Saturday or be made a holiday.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Racist!!!!! :D
    No it's not racist at all. I loathe February for the sole fact it's this big fucken BLACK HISTORY MONTH circlejerk where people pretend to give a shit about the past. How many times do I have to hear about Carver's peanuts or that stupid cotton gin?