Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Here's the perfect answer to "conservatives" who say Obama went to an "Islamic" scho 
    Power CUer
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...esg_id=6357234

Here's the perfect answer to "conservatives" who say Obama went to an "Islamic" school in Indonesia

They'll ignore the fact that he went to a public school, and not an Islamic madrasa,
    so don't even bother with that one.

However, when they start whining about his having been to an "Islamic" school, (and
    you know how deep sixth grade indoctrination goes), just tell them that you are greatly
    encouraged by the fact that they have FINALLY come around to our view that prayers and
    religion do not belong in schools.

Be prepared to duck, just in case.....

How come the DUmmies never ask why he turned his back on the religion of his father and grandfather?

just tell them that you are greatly encouraged by the fact that they have FINALLY come around to our view that prayers and religion do not belong in schools.
    Uh... huh? If Islamic schools want to have Islamic prayers, that's fine by us conservatives. Your assinine (emphasis on the "ass" part) attempt at pretzel logic is nothing more than a lame distraction from some inconvenient truths about your Obamessiah.

Quote Originally Posted by FDK View Post
    How come the DUmmies never ask why he turned his back on the religion of his father and grandfather?
    Obamessiah claims to be a Christian now, which you'd think would not sit well with the DUmp monkeys. Of course, they know what we all know - that Obamessiah's alleged Christianity is false. That's why they don't have a problem with his religion.

Sonnabend
    Here's the perfect answer to "conservatives" who say Obama went to an "Islamic" school in Indonesia

They'll ignore the fact that he went to a public school, and not an Islamic madrasa,
    so don't even bother with that one.
    Indonesia is practically all Sunni muslim. Barack went to a Muslim school.

http://www.danielpipes.org/article/5354

* "Interviews with dozens of former classmates, teachers, neighbors and friends show that Obama was not a regular practicing Muslim when he was in Indonesia" – implying he was an irregularly practicing Muslim.
    * "Obama occasionally followed his stepfather to the mosque for Friday prayers, a few neighbors said" confirming that he did pray in the mosque.
    * "Obama's 3rd-grade teacher at the Catholic school, who lived near the family [said that] ‘Rarely, Barry went to the mosque with Lolo'" – confirming that Obama attended mosque services.

All this matters, for if Obama once was a Muslim, he is now what Islamic law calls a murtadd (apostate), an ex-Muslim converted to another religion who must be executed. Were he elected president of the United States, this status, clearly, would have large potential implications for his relationship with the Muslim world.

In sum: Obama was an irregularly practicing Muslim who rarely or occasionally prayed with his step-father in a mosque. This precisely substantiates my statement that he "for some years had a reasonably Muslim upbringing under the auspices of his Indonesian step-father."

Therefore, what MMfA calls the "Obama-Muslim falsehood" is in fact confirmed by both articles as truthful and accurate.

Calling this a falsehood is in itself a falsehood.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Indonesia is practically all Sunni muslim. Barack went to a Muslim school.

http://www.danielpipes.org/article/5354

a regular practicing Muslim ]when he was in Indonesia" – implying he was an irregularly practicing Muslim.
    * "Obama occasionally followed his stepfather to the mosque for Friday prayers, a few neighbors said" confirming that he did pray in the mosque. * "Obama's 3rd-grade teacher:‘Rarely, Barry went to the mosque with Lolo'" – confirming that Obama attended mosque services.

All this matters, for if Obama once was a Muslim, he is now what Islamic law calls a murtadd (apostate), an ex-Muslim converted to another religion who must be executed. Were he elected president of the United States, this status, clearly, would have large potential implications for his relationship with the Muslim world.

In sum: Obama was an irregularly practicing Muslim who rarely or occasionally prayed with his step-father in a mosque. This precisely substantiates my statement that he "for some years had a reasonably Muslim upbringing under the auspices of his Indonesian step-father."

Therefore, what MMfA calls the "Obama-Muslim falsehood" is in fact confirmed by both articles as truthful and accurate.
    I don't believe a Joe Smith would have any credibilty in the ME claiming he was never a Christian.
    Somehow we are expected to buy that Barrack Hussein Obama, raised in predominently muslim Indonesia, was never a muslim.

7. #7 Elispeth ! 
    A very brave person. 1000 posts at DU and actually posting under her DU name...
    Wow just Wow !

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I don't believe a Joe Smith would have any credibilty in the ME claiming he was never a Christian.
    Somehow we are expected to buy that Barrack Hussein Obama, raised in predominently muslim Indonesia, was never a muslim.
    If anyone believes that, I got a nice bridge in Brooklyn to sell them
    They're not people, they're hippies!! -Cartman

It is nothing against you to fall down flat, but to lie there - that's disgrace

9. #9 I meant to say Elspeth 
    The unamed site and you dare to use your DU name. Again I am amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by FDK View Post
    Because it isn't real except in the extreme right wing and Shillary supporters minds.