Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1 America in Prophecy:Why is America not specifically mentioned in the Bible? 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    America in Prophecy:Why is America not specifically mentioned in the Bible?

What will happen to America according to Bible prophecy? Will it remain a world power or recede from world dominance? Will it be destroyed or continue to prosper? Your belief about this subject will affect the way you live and plan your life.

If you think that America will be destroyed, then you are likely to horde your wealth and pull your money out of the stock market, perhaps even head to the mountains for protection.

If, on the other hand, you believe God will continue to bless America, then you will plan accordingly. This subject is important, especially for Americans.

It is no secret that America was instrumental in—first, defeating Hitler and thus freeing the Jews; second, giving Israel their homeland; third, protecting and aiding Israel; and forth, in opening its own doors to the Jews to make a living. There are as many Jews living in America than are living in Israel. No nation on the earth has near the population of Jews that America has.

America has fulfilled its prophetic role in caring for Israel, and it has cost America its reputation in the world and it has made her the target of terrorists. Satan inspires the hatred that people feel toward America, because he hates America for being a friend of Israel and for allowing the gospel to spread throughout the world. As long as America continues its friendship toward the Christians and Jews, God will bless America! snip
    http://www.tbm.org/america_in_prophecy_article.htm

[/SIZE]
    .................................................. ..........................
    Last edited by megimoo; 10-29-2008 at 10:00 AM.

Why would a prophecy written 1400-1500 years prior to the discovery of the New World address a nation not even conceived of by the people of the time? I'm not limiting the scope of God here, just of His scribes and the limits to their knowledge of geography.

The symbolism in Revelation refers to the Roman Empire. One could make a case that the USA is a modern version of that empire, in that we use a lot of their symbols.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Why would a prophecy written 1400-1500 years prior to the discovery of the New World address a nation not even conceived of by the people of the time? I'm not limiting the scope of God here, just of His scribes and the limits to their knowledge of geography.

The symbolism in Revelation refers to the Roman Empire. One could make a case that the USA is a modern version of that empire, in that we use a lot of their symbols.
    " I'm not limiting the scope of God here, just of His scribes and the limits to their knowledge of geography."

You neeed to broden your horizons and biblical knowledge.The writers of Book Of Daniel uses animal symbolism to denote countries,people .

And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent. Revelation 12: 14. Some feel that the symbol for the eagle is Americas bald eagle .
    The Woman clother in the sun is Israel .
    "A great sign was seen in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars. And being with child, she cried out in labor and in pain to give birth."

The book revolves around the figure of Daniel, an Israelite who becomes an adviser to Nebuchadnezzar, the ruler of Babylon from 605 BC - 562 BC....About 2700 years ago.

Disclaimer: I've seen several books, pamphlets ect that say they describe the US's place in various prophecies, but I've never really delved into them. My opinion is is based on my own Bible study and general Biblical knowledge. That being said, I don't really think that the US has any big role in the end times prophecies. By all accounts, Biblical and worldly, mankind began in the Middle Eastern area of the world, and based on my interpretation of Revelations and Daniel, will end there as well.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

No one really knows what the symbolism in Revelations refers to. I has been used to point a finger at every one from Nero and Rome to the Pope and the Catholic Church. As for the knowledge of the scribes and prophets, they could have any knowledge that God chose to give them. I tend to believe that often the prophets spoke without really knowing the full meaning of their words. I don't think that Isaiah completely understood his prophecy of Christ in Isaiah 52 and 53 but then again who am I to say what God chose to reveal to Isaiah.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    Disclaimer: I've seen several books, pamphlets ect that say they describe the US's place in various prophecies, but I've never really delved into them. My opinion is is based on my own Bible study and general Biblical knowledge. That being said, I don't really think that the US has any big role in the end times prophecies. By all accounts, Biblical and worldly, mankind began in the Middle Eastern area of the world, and based on my interpretation of Revelations and Daniel, will end there as well.
    I think this too. From what my studies in the subject show is America will be consumed within the One World Order, a one central world governing body. As the regions get split up, North America, Asia etc. some place in America might get the designation of the capital of the region. But that small part is not written about that much since it is rather insignificant.

As a believer tend not to dwell on end times prophecy. I believe that God wants us to stay away from that type of speculation. It is a waste of time. I try to live like it's happening tomorrow and thus stay on the positive side of things should it actually be happening tomorrow. I don't try to determine before hand what Christ stated was only known by the Father. Christ implied that the elect would know when it was happening in order to recognize the Beast when he or she come and truthfully that is good enough for me.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    As a believer tend not to dwell on end times prophecy. I believe that God wants us to stay away from that type of speculation. It is a waste of time. I try to live like it's happening tomorrow and thus stay on the positive side of things should it actually be happening tomorrow. I don't try to determine before hand what Christ stated was only known by the Father. Christ implied that the elect would know when it was happening in order to recognize the Beast when he or she come and truthfully that is good enough for me.
    Yeah, it is real easy to go overboard on the subject. To me, the most important, relevant part of Revelations is the end, where all creation has been destroyed by the final battle, and all that is left is New Jerusalem (Heaven) and the lake of fire (Hell). No other options. That puts things in real clear perspective.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Have you any knowledge of the biblical origin of the rapture in scripture ?I haven't been able to isolate the exact tract and scribe for it ?

Yeah, it is real easy to go overboard on the subject. To me, the most important, relevant part of Revelations is the end, where all creation has been destroyed by the final battle, and all that is left is New Jerusalem (Heaven) and the lake of fire (Hell). No other options. That puts things in real clear perspective.
    It's funny but before I became a Christian I was very interested in end times prophecy. After I received God's grace it became one of those subjects that just doesn't hold my attention any more.My interests now involve learning about the character of God, determining His will as it pertains to me and how best to live it out.

C. S. Lewis