Thread: Obama Fans...

1. #1 Obama Fans... 
    I received this in an email, and just had to share!

Note for the Mods: Can we get the Humor section reinstated, please??

A teacher in Elmira , New York asked her 6th grade class how many of them were Obama fans. Not really knowing what an Obama fan is, but wanting to be liked by the teacher, all the kids raised their hands except for Little Johnny.

The teacher asked Little Johnny why he has decided to be different.

Little Johnny says, 'Because I'm not an Obama fan.

The teacher says, 'Why aren't you an Obama fan?'

Johnny says, 'Because I'm a Republican.'

The teacher asks him why he's a Republican.

Little Johnny answered, 'Well, my mom's a Republican and my dad's a Republican, so I'm a Republican'.

The teacher asks, 'If your mom was a moron and your dad was an idiot, what would that make you?'

With a big smile, Little Johnny replies, 'That would make me an Obama fan.'
    Social Order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain - Marquis de Sade

Banned
    I do not understand Obama's appeal among Whites at all. But lately I have gotten a grasp of his appeal among Black people. My wife is Black. As are my daughters (I do not believe a kid should be a step anything. Either they are my daughters or they are not).

My wife is an executive with Verizon. Her father is a retired Army Lt. Colonel who flew medevac missions in Vietnam. After 20+ years in the Army he worked for the Postal Service for 25 years. Her mom was one of the very first Black Female street agents for the FBI and and had risen to be the Assistant Special Agent in Charge of a large metroplitan office before she retired. Fine, fine folks.

My wife and her mother are officers in two social orgainizations here in San Angelo for Black Women. The Le Coterie Society and The Cosmopolitan Club. The Le Coterie Club is a group of Black Ladies that gives out college scholarships to deserving poor kids. While being Black is a requirement for a woman to be a member, the scholarships are open to all students regardless of color and this year of the 9 scholarships granted, only three went to Black kids.

Both clubs serve the community in everything they can and pride themselves that they serve everyone regardless of color. In fact, I recieved an award from The Le Coterie Club just last week.

As the husband of one of the officers, I am usually drafted to help with some of the heavy lifting, projects and have to haul stuff for them with my pick-up and trailer. I attend all of the events and have developed some deep friendships.

Here is San Angelo, the Black community is a little different from most. It did not just happen here. The first black families in San Angelo CHOSE to make a home here. The original Black families here were retirees and vets from the Army and Air Force who decided to make this city thier home when they ended their military service at Goodfellow Air Force Base here. Jobs were plentiful, San Angelo is home to one of the finest small Universities in the country so many vets decided to stay here and continue their education under the GI Bill.

The Black folks here are in a higher income bracket than most of their brethren in other cities. They are much more Conservative. Religiously they are pretty much spread out evenly among all of the local churches here with the only predominently Black church have a very small congregation.

My father in law is the local chapter President of the NAACP and every function put on by the NAACP has more Whites in attendance than Blacks. Many, many cities could learn from the unity that is apparent in this city. It is truly inspiring. The message by speakers at local NAACP funtions here are very Conservative in nature because the folks here are pretty Conservative themselves.

I was surprised, very surprised at first by the support that Barack Obama has here. These are people that have no desire for what Obama offers socially. They do not think that Government is a solution to anything. But they support Obama. It is not just because he is Black. It runs much deeper than that. It is because he is seen more as family, than anything else. Almost like Marines will look past almost any ill in a brother Marine. Like no matter how you children may disappoint you, they are still your kids. It is not that they do not see Barack Obama's faults and shortcomings, it is just they forgive them. As you would forgive those same things in family.

Think back a bit to the early days of the Democratic Primary. Hillary actually enjoyed an avantage in the polling among Blacks. But she was not satisfied with a small lead among Black voters. She wanted a larger slice of the pie so Bill and she started to make racial jabs. Blacks felt obligated to come to Obama's defense. When things get racial, race will trump everything.

If the Republicans had been running a Black candidate and all white Republicans praised him, Blacks would vote Democratic. But if the Black Republican's White Democratic opponent made some racial statements, there would be a huge swell of Black support for him. Sounds like an opportunity to exploit next time.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post

If the Republicans had been running a Black candidate and all white Republicans praised him, Blacks would vote Democratic. But if the Black Republicans White Democratic opponent made some racial statements, there would be a huge swell of Black support for him. Sounds like an opportunity to exploit next time.
    That is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. If a black Republican running for public office needs to get his white Democratic opponent to make racial statements to win, he is a sorry, unqualified candidate to hold public office. Race should not be the deciding factor on who wins but it sounds like you are making it one. The best qualified person should be who wins.

Black are more monolithic than whites in their voting habits plus they are overwhelmingly Democratic. So it does not surprise me that 85 to 90 per cent of blacks will vote for Obama. However, it bears examining those 10 to 15 per cent that will vote for McCain. Here is my list of why they will:

1. They want a strong defense and a leader that will protect this country from attack.
    2. They want taxes to be lowered instead of increased.
    3. They want to give those that need a hand instead of a handout
    4. They are against National Health Care
    5. They don't want the Civil Rights that blacks have fought for to be desecrated and piggybacked with queer rights.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    That is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. If a black Republican running for public office needs to get his white Democratic opponent to make racial statements to win, he is a sorry, unqualified candidate to hold public office. Race should not be the deciding factor on who wins but it sounds like you are making it one. The best qualified person should be who wins.
    I am agreeing with you. The best qualified person should be the one who wins. I should have used a sarcasm tag on my statement about using racism as an opportunity. But should a white opponent make it so, you would see a lot of Blacks voting Republican.

I think that a lot of this hype is because Barack would be the "first" Black President. The next one would not be as big a deal. Remember Doug Williams? Not so much hype about the race of McNair and McNabb when they played in The Big Game. If he was not such a disaster in the making for our country, Obama winning could be a good thing in that we would get this historic first out of the way and there would be less of this racial nonsense afterward. Too bad it could not someone who would be less of a a fuck up.

You know what would have been truly ironic? If Condi had been our nominee. Sure, she would have had little support from the Black Community at first. But White Liberals would have felt that their closeness to Blacks would have gained them the right to call her a "House ******" or worse. You know they would. Her support among Blacks after that would have been equal to what Obama's is today.

That is what I said about the crazy White Priest kissing the racist Black Asses in Obama's Church a couple of weeks ago. I told my wife, "Boy they are sure loving that shit. But let him say '******' just one time and see how an accepted part of the Black Community he is then."

Quote Originally Posted by MstrBlue View Post
    I received this in an email, and just had to share!

Note for the Mods: Can we get the Humor section reinstated, please??

A teacher in Elmira , New York asked her 6th grade class how many of them were Obama fans. Not really knowing what an Obama fan is, but wanting to be liked by the teacher, all the kids raised their hands except for Little Johnny.

The teacher asked Little Johnny why he has decided to be different.

Little Johnny says, 'Because I'm not an Obama fan.

The teacher says, 'Why aren't you an Obama fan?'

Johnny says, 'Because I'm a Republican.'

The teacher asks him why he's a Republican.

Little Johnny answered, 'Well, my mom's a Republican and my dad's a Republican, so I'm a Republican'.

The teacher asks, 'If your mom was a moron and your dad was an idiot, what would that make you?'

With a big smile, Little Johnny replies, 'That would make me an Obama fan.'
    good one. hahaha
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    I am agreeing with you. The best qualified person should be the one who wins. I should have used a sarcasm tag on my statement about using racism as an opportunity. But should a white opponent make it so, you would see a lot of Blacks voting Republican.

I think that a lot of this hype is because Barack would be the "first" Black President. The next one would not be as big a deal. Remember Doug Williams? Not so much hype about the race of McNair and McNabb when they played in The Big Game. If he was not such a disaster in the making for our country, Obama winning could be a good thing in that we would get this historic first out of the way and there would be less of this racial nonsense afterward. Too bad it could not someone who would be less of a a fuck up.

You know what would have been truly ironic? If Condi had been our nominee. Sure, she would have had little support from the Black Community at first. But White Liberals would have felt that their closeness to Blacks would have gained them the right to call her a "House ******" or worse. You know they would. Her support among Blacks after that would have been equal to what Obama's is today.

That is what I said about the crazy White Priest kissing the racist Black Asses in Obama's Church a couple of weeks ago. I told my wife, "Boy they are sure loving that shit. But let him say '******' just one time and see how an accepted part of the Black Community he is then."
    Big difference between Doug & Barrack. Doug was a seasoned veteran who led the Skins to a Super Bowl. Barrack is a rookie and an amateur when it comes to world affairs. I mean he does not even know how many states in the union. I don't ever want to live through another disaster like Jimmy Carter. That was enough for a lifetime. I think Barrack would be as inept. His policies of raising taxes, dumbing down the military, socialized med and expanding social programs would ruin the economy and put us at greater risk of terrorism.

I would vote for a black in a heartbeat if his policies were closely related to mine even if he was running against a white. I will probably vote for a black democratic mayor for re-election because when we had hundreds of thousands of these Katrina beauties in Baton Rouge, he announced on TV that "these New Orleans thugs were not going to take over this city." We had city, parish and state police patrolling downtown with shotguns. Let them know in a hurry, that looting and robbing was not going to be tolerated.

As far as I am concerned, my number issue is the safety of the city, state and the country. When you examine McCain vs Obama record and qualifications, there is no comparison.

noonwitch
    [QUOTE=Speedy;8173[LIST][*]]I[/LIST]

You know, I one time went off on someone at DU for referring to Condi as an Aunt Jemima. I said that as a white person, I didn't have the right to make a judgment like that against a black person. I even pointed out that since none of my friends got killed in a church bombing perpetrated by racists, I definitely didn't have any room to judge Dr. Rice by any kind of "blackness" standard.

A lot of liberals don't know that Condi attended the church in Birmingham that was bombed, and that the girls who were killed were her friends.

Black people generally don't want to hear white people calling anyone an Aunt Jemima or an Uncle Tom, even to refer to someone that they might use those terms to describe. It's like the n word-I don't really care if black people use the term, but I have no reason to use it in my speech. It takes on a different meaning when used by a white person.