Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Alcoa (AA) Surprises on Q2 Earnings Beat

July 11, 2016, 05:31:00 PM EDT By Mark Vickery

Minutes after the closing bell today, aluminum giant Alcoa Inc. AA posted a big earnings beat for its fiscal Q2. Earnings of 15 cents per share on quarterly sales of $5.3 billion, easily topped the 9 cents per share and $5251 million in revenues, respectively.

The 66% earnings beat marks the second in a row for U.S.'s top aluminum producer, but the company missed revenue estimates in Q1. Analysts had been slightly biased to the downside in estimate revisions for the second quarter in a row, as well, although the Zacks ESP was looking for a 2-cent beat for Alcoa in Q2.

Even better, perhaps, than its impressive Q2 beat is the 6% growth guidance for the second half of 2016, with double-digit growth beyond. Investors who have been patient on the raw materials side of Alcoa gaining traction the past few quarters are being rewarded today -- with aluminum pricing reportedly up 22% in Q2, the upstream (legacy) side of the business is finally seeing some solid numbers.
    YES!!! I may take the profits in the morning. I love this stock!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Alcoa (AA) Surprises on Q2 Earnings Beat

July 11, 2016, 05:31:00 PM EDT By Mark Vickery

YES!!! I may take the profits in the morning. I love this stock!

I worked for ALCOA for five years at their worlds largest aluminum plant known as Davenport Works. It was on the bank of the Mississippi River, but it was not actually in Davenport. If I was still there I would have my 30 years in soon. Factory life is tough and hard on the body.