Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    What struck me about Russertís interview was Bushís reaction to the question. He was stunned. Couldnít actually believe this man had the audacity to ask such a thing. For me, that was most telling and very, very honest. "Please elaborate on that a little bit" was a defensive posture move - trying to stall the inquiry long enough for the tape in his head to catch up - so he could deliver his well rehearsed come-back. Youíd have thought by the look on the poor manís face that Tim had just told him he had no pants on. Very telling.

And to answer your question, VetWife, no - not even close.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by jinxmchue View Post
    Conservatives are concerned with the here and now, and they let the legacies write themselves.
    Yes, and Mr. Bush must be a true conservative - indeed. Heís saddled my grandson with a national debt unheard of in the history of our nation - because of what he and Rumsfeld saw as a danger in the Middle East, only to amplify that perceived threat into a reality a hundred fold larger than the ĎNo Fly Zonesí. His fatherís cronies have made billions off this idiocy - so I guess the here and now for them is pretty damn good.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)