Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 97
  1. #21  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    What does being an Arab have to do with anything?
    Muslem,Arab.Come on lanie wake up !
     

  2. #22  
    Politically tired. Lanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,561
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    Obama may not be a Muslim, but he sure doesn't sound like any kind of Christian. His "Christian understanding" came from the same pages as much of the DUmp...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2Kh-...eature=related
    I think what he said makes perfect sense. We have a whole bunch of different viewpoints. God doesn't speak to one person in the same way he speaks to others, so it's a little strange for that one person to suggest laws based on what they're seeing. If you want to make a law, you need to make a case that is not based on any one ideology. It needs to be based on facts, research, etc. And like Obama, I'm also tired of seeing faith be used as a sword against those who don't have the same political beliefs. I understand there is a definate right and wrong, but I can say now it's not about Democrat and Republican.
     

  3. #23  
    Politically tired. Lanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,561
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Muslem,Arab.Come on lanie wake up !
    Fully caffeinated here.

    Muslims are part of a religion.

    Arab is cultural group full of Muslims, Christians, and other faiths. The culture is mostly based on language. A language that to the best of my knowledge, Barack Obama cannot speak.
     

  4. #24  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    333
    As a Texan, I believe BHO (BBUHN) is a muslim............for if you look at the practices of muslims and Allah (BBUHN), BHO (BBUHN) is a muslim since his father was born a muslim, making him automatically a muslim. It matters not that dad became an atheist, according to the very tenets of the RoP, BHO (BBUHN) is and always will be a muslim. BHO (BBUHN) practiced Islam (no matter how short of a time) while abroad. and by the same said tenets of Islam, is an infidel for leaving the RoP and converting to Christianity. That very act itself is punishable by death in the RoP.

    BHO (BBUHN) is a muslim.
     

  5. #25  
    Senior Member cowbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    128
    what do all of those damn TLA's mean!?!?!?!?!
     

  6. #26  
    Mr Obama really needs to read his Bible because Mr. Obama is clearly ignorant of Christianity and God's word.

    Lanie you should watch this video. My President doesn't have to be a Christian or a believer in any other deity but if he is going to proclaim himself to be a follower of Christ, a Christian, then he must be held accountable by the body of Christ, the Church.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxHdDQDgxQ0
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

    You Say The Battle Is Over
     

  7. #27  
    Politically tired. Lanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,561
    Quote Originally Posted by M21 View Post
    Mr Obama really needs to read his Bible because Mr. Obama is clearly ignorant of Christianity and God's word.

    Lanie you should watch this video. My President doesn't have to be a Christian or a believer in any other deity but if he is going to proclaim himself to be a follower of Christ, a Christian, then he must be held accountable by the body of Christ, the Church.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxHdDQDgxQ0
    Jesus is a historical figure. The only argument against that are the arguments that Jesus was never proven to exist, and I won't go there.

    But Obama also said that he believed that Jesus was the bridge between man and God. That means that he thinks that Jesus is the way to God.

    Now, I've already explained the perceptive that God might work wtih people of different faiths. You can disagree with it of course.

    Obama says a sin is going against his values. Well, if his values are Christianity, then sin in the eyes of Obama is going against the Christian God.

    The only concern I would have is this idea that he doesn't know what happens after death. In my Catholic faith, we're expecting either straight allowance into Heaven or Pergutory first. Obama is Protestant, so I'm guessing maybe he just has some doubts because of his own sin. Something for him and God to work out. I still would leave the "He's not a Christian" stuff to God.
     

  8. #28  
    Senior Member MrsSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I think what he said makes perfect sense. We have a whole bunch of different viewpoints. God doesn't speak to one person in the same way he speaks to others, so it's a little strange for that one person to suggest laws based on what they're seeing. If you want to make a law, you need to make a case that is not based on any one ideology. It needs to be based on facts, research, etc. And like Obama, I'm also tired of seeing faith be used as a sword against those who don't have the same political beliefs. I understand there is a definate right and wrong, but I can say now it's not about Democrat and Republican.
    He said, "[E]ven if we did have only Christians in our midst, if we expelled every non-Christians from the United States of America, whose Christianity would we teach in the schools?" Obama asked. "Would it be James Dobson's or Al Sharpton's? Which passages of Scripture should guide our public policy? Should we go with Leviticus, which suggests slavery is OK and that eating shellfish is an abomination? How about Deuteronomy, which suggests stoning your child if he strays from the faith? Or should we just stick to the Sermon on the Mount — a passage that is so radical that it's doubtful that our own Defense Department would survive its application. But before we get carried away, let's read our Bibles. Folks haven't been reading their Bibles." He probably took this word for word from a leftist "christians are so dumb" site. If he thought this up himself, that's even worse. Every word displays a total and complete ignorance of the very basis of Christianity. If the man isn't ignorant, then he is even worse, a willful liar, trying to pass himself off as a Christian to gain a political office. Anyone who hasn't gotten past kindergarten theology shouldn't try to use it in a speech. Despite the opinions of some of our posters, this passage of Obama's marks him as far more idiotic than Sarah Palin could ever be. She could lose half her brain in an accident and still be smarter.
    -
    -
    -

    In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

    Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.
     

  9. #29  
    Senior Member MrsSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Jesus is a historical figure. The only argument against that are the arguments that Jesus was never proven to exist, and I won't go there.

    But Obama also said that he believed that Jesus was the bridge between man and God. That means that he thinks that Jesus is the way to God.

    Now, I've already explained the perceptive that God might work wtih people of different faiths. You can disagree with it of course.

    Obama says a sin is going against his values. Well, if his values are Christianity, then sin in the eyes of Obama is going against the Christian God.

    The only concern I would have is this idea that he doesn't know what happens after death. In my Catholic faith, we're expecting either straight allowance into Heaven or Pergutory first. Obama is Protestant, so I'm guessing maybe he just has some doubts because of his own sin. Something for him and God to work out. I still would leave the "He's not a Christian" stuff to God.
    Parroting one line about Jesus being the bridge does not mean he's accepted Christ. In fact, he goes on to say that religion comes with a heft dose of doubt. Lanie, if you have doubt, you don't have Christ.

    Obama says that he determines what is sin, and what is not, not that God's values are his values.

    From his own mouth, he makes it clear that his christianity is for show only, not from his heart. If you don't understand that, then you need to do some more study on basic theology. You've missed most of it...
    -
    -
    -

    In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

    Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.
     

  10. #30  
    Senior Member GrumpyOldLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    1,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Where's grumpy old man when you need him?
    Married to me - Grumpy Old Lady!! :D

    Obama's religion is whatever he needs it to be at that moment. He claims Christianity when he's speaking to christian groups. He claims black liberation theology (which is NOT christian) when he's speaking with blacks. He tells the liberals in the media that the muslim call to prayer is the most beautiful sound on earth - something no Christian would ever say. He does spring break in Pakistan during martial law - did he worship at the mosque .... BETCHYA HE DID!

    He is whatever religion at the moment he thinks is most adventageous for him.

    And considering he's the anti-christ - his REAL religion is self-worship.
    If leftists didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •