Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 97
  1. #41  
    Senior Member Molon Labe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jihad Me At Hello
    Posts
    4,769
    Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    Tell me, Bridge, what about his "church" is Christian?
    Rabid hate of white people? Disdain for the country?
    He only went there for 20 years.
    Yep...If your going to go to a church just to seem pious politically...You would choose one that is obscure and dead, so that it doesn't bite you in the arse at some later time.

    On the other hand....If you attend a church for 20 years where the message is far from...how shall we say....Innocuous....then, chances are, you are more than just there for looks. You probably like the message.

    Voila....Pastor Wright.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown


    The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor
     

  2. #42  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,025
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Texas has more than 13.2 million registered voters - so over 3,000,000 are that ignorant?
    Or correct.
    Be Not Afraid.
     

  3. #43  
    Senior Member hampshirebrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    TehYuk
    Posts
    3,727
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    Obama may not be a Muslim, but he sure doesn't sound like any kind of Christian. His "Christian understanding" came from the same pages as much of the DUmp...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2Kh-...eature=related
    Wow. Just damn.

    You really could not have picked a worse youtube video to make your point.

    He sounds much more Christian than Muslim to me.

    And that's a good thing.

    Even as an atheist, I have to say this, that's a good thing.
    Last edited by hampshirebrit; 10-31-2008 at 07:27 PM.
     

  4. #44  
    Senior Member MrsSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,391
    Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    Wow. Just damn.

    You really could not have picked a worse youtube video to make your point.

    He sounds much more Christian than Muslim to me.

    And that's a good thing.

    Even as an atheist, I have to say this, that's a good thing.
    He sounds ignorant. But I recall, you are one who has steadfastly refused to learn what evidence backs up Biblical history. Evidently, you have also refused to learn basic theology.

    Personally, I have no problem with a President who doesn't understand theology...but I have a major problem with a guy who uses his "Christianity" to run for office when he clearly has no clue what it is.
    -
    -
    -

    In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

    Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.
     

  5. #45  
    Senior Member MrsSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I think you, the reverand, and some others are nitpicking at every little word to make a point that is NOT there.
    What is NOT there is the first clue of what Christianity IS. The man is completely ignorant of the religion he claims.
    -
    -
    -

    In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

    Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.
     

  6. #46  
    Senior Member hampshirebrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    TehYuk
    Posts
    3,727
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    He sounds ignorant. But I recall, you are one who has steadfastly refused to learn what evidence backs up Biblical history. Evidently, you have also refused to learn basic theology.

    Personally, I have no problem with a President who doesn't understand theology...but I have a major problem with a guy who uses his "Christianity" to run for office when he clearly has no clue what it is.
    Indeed. You're right.

    It's entirely down to your opinion versus Senator Obama's opinion.

    Who am I to judge which one is correct? How am I supposed to figure out that your faith is for real and his faith is a sham ... or vice versa?
     

  7. #47  
    Senior Member MrsSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    The bible does say that stuff. He's right. And yes, people should read their bibles more. I've personally found that the majority of Christians wanting to condemn people for not being like them are often people who act like they're allergic to their bible.

    Now, Sunday School teachers have sometimes tried to teach what they think that stuff actually meant. The stoning one's child part, it's really good to get some Jewish input because they often can explain why the OT supposedly isn't as bad as it sounds.
    The Old Testament contains 4 different covenants that pertain to the Children of Israel. The New Testament contains the covenant under which Christians live. Obama has been attending a "Christian" church for over 20 years without ever learning that simple difference. I am totally underimpressed.

    This is a free country. People are allowed to be ignorant if they choose. But they should expect that those with some knowledge will understand their complete lack thereof. You, Lanie, can remain ignorant also...but displaying your ignorance is not your best choice.
    -
    -
    -

    In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

    Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.
     

  8. #48  
    Senior Member MrsSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,391
    Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    Indeed. You're right.

    It's entirely down to your opinion versus Senator Obama's opinion.

    Who am I to judge which one is correct? How am I supposed to figure out that your faith is for real and his faith is a sham ... or vice versa?
    Theology 101 - the cure for all those who just can't figure it out.

    His faith may well be real, but that doesn't change the fact that he doesn't know anything about it.
    -
    -
    -

    In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

    Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.
     

  9. #49  
    Senior Member hampshirebrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    TehYuk
    Posts
    3,727
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    Theology 101 - the cure for all those who just can't figure it out.

    His faith may well be real, but that doesn't change the fact that he doesn't know anything about it.
    I thought that in your world faith trumps actual knowledge.

    Is this not still the case? Did I miss a memo here?
     

  10. #50  
    Senior Member MrsSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,391
    Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    I thought that in your world faith trumps actual knowledge.

    Is this not still the case? Did I miss a memo here?
    Accepting Christ into your life is the whole deal. However, someone who has done so does not experience a religion that is full of doubts. Also, it tends to awaken a thirst for knowledge which is slaked in study of and about the Bible. Someone who claims to be a Christian while exhibiting absolutely no knowledge of the religion...and making public speeches that proclaim that lack of knowledge...after 20 years...is very, very hard to believe.

    I would have claimed to be a Christian for most of my life. I went to church as a kid, thought I knew all about it, and held Bible-thumpers and holier-than-thous in absolute disdain...even after I started meeting them through my kid's school and realized they were really nice people. I could have easily made the type of speech Obama made, because I was NOT a Christian in truth, and I was just as stupidly, blindly ignorant as he. A few years ago, that all changed...and nearly the first thing I did was start to devour the Bible and biblical studies.

    If you read FlaGator's posts, you'll see the same thing. The thirst comes hard on the heels of the salvation. Yet, somehow, Obama exhibits absolutely no evidence of either the thirst, or the resulting knowledge. Even his tax forms reveal no yearning to give back as possible...until it was politically expedient.

    Oh, and BTW, we have argued the evidence thing. You know perfectly well that that "blind" faith is not necessary, the foundation is quite rational. Or rather, you would know if you'd bothered to read even just the one book.
    -
    -
    -

    In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

    Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •