Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 76
  1. #51  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    Conservatives that believe in foreign intervention (mostly to protect Israel) and big government. There are many of them.
    They are not sinsister, they are stupid. Almost a s stupid as the Liberals.
    And if the foreign intervention to overthrow a despotic regime that sponsors terrorism against the US happens to also benefit Israel, that makes the whole thing invalid?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
     

  2. #52  
    Senior Member Zathras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    6,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    And if the foreign intervention to overthrow a despotic regime that sponsors terrorism against the US happens to also benefit Israel, that makes the whole thing invalid?
    In Gator's twisted mind, yes.
     

  3. #53  
    gator
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    And if the foreign intervention to overthrow a despotic regime that sponsors terrorism against the US happens to also benefit Israel, that makes the whole thing invalid?
    I don't have a clue why we invaded Iraq. Maybe you could explain it to me.

    Why was Iraq such a threat to the US in 2003 to warrant a massive invasion?

    What has the deaths of almost 4,000 of our finest young men and women bought for us that we didn't have in 2002?

    As far as I know nobody that attacked the USA on 9/11/2001 was sent to do it by Saddam. The people that mastermind the attack were all in Afghanistan if I remember correctly.

    We had already beat Saddam’s butt once before for messing around with our oil and we pretty well had him contained from doing that again.

    There were no weapons of mass destruction that could lay waste to American cities that I know of.

    I can think of some good reason to make jokes about Saddam but I can’t think of a good reason for almost 4,000 of our finest to die and tens of thousands more wounded to remove him from power.

    Like you I use to have my head up my ass and I thought I could defend the invasion. However, after a time I realized I really didn’t know why we invaded Iraq.

    The War on Terror in 2003 was in Afghanistan, going after the people that attacked us. Saddam did have anything to do with it, did he?

    Why was it so important to invade Iraq? Couldn't we have just contained him a little longer and sent the resources used in the invasion of Iraq to Afghanistan?
     

  4. #54  
    Sonnabend
    Guest
    As far as I know nobody that attacked the USA on 9/11/2001 was sent to do it by Saddam

    There were no weapons of mass destruction that could lay waste to American cities that I know of.

    The War on Terror in 2003 was in Afghanistan, going after the people that attacked us. Saddam did have anything to do with it, did he?
    Nice to see Dem talking points featured on CU by the site admin.

    I'll answer this as I always have

    "One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
    - President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998 | Source
    - http://www.cnn.com/US/9802/04/us.un.iraq/

    "If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
    - President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998 | Source
    - http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1998/...ical.analysis/

    "We must stop Saddam from ever again jeopardizing the stability and security of his neighbors with weapons of mass destruction."
    - Madeline Albright, Feb 1, 1998 | Source
    - http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9802/01/iraq/

    "He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
    - Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998 | Source
    - http://www.usatoday.com/news/index/iraq/iraq172.htm

    "[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
    Letter to President Clinton.
    - (D) Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, others, Oct. 9, 1998 | Source
    - http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/07/17/wh.critics/
    Saddam sponsored terrorism, financed terrorism, harboured terrorists, aided and abetted them time and time again.

    The WMD did exist and are more than likely in Syria, as was witnessed by a recent accident they had with VX nerve gas.

    Iraq WAS a direct threat.

    (Is this DU or CU?)
     

  5. #55  
    Senior Member Zathras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    6,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post


    Nice to see Dem talking points featured on CU by the site admin.

    I'll answer this as I always have



    Saddam sponsored terrorism, financed terrorism, harboured terrorists, aided and abetted them time and time again.

    The WMD did exist and are more than likely in Syria, as was witnessed by a recent accident they had with VX nerve gas.

    Iraq WAS a direct threat.

    (Is this DU or CU?)
    Yeah, but as long as Saddam used those things against Israel and her people, Gator doesn't have a problem with it. In fact, he probably throws a party everytime Israelis are killed in terrorist actions.
     

  6. #56  
    Sonnabend
    Guest
    Never mind.
    Last edited by Sonnabend; 06-21-2008 at 03:22 AM. Reason: What good would it do.
     

  7. #57  
    Senior Member du freeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    110
    I still proudly carry two Ron Paul bumber stickers on my truck. He may have thrown in the towel for his Presidential run, but his revolution continues. The only one that loses by him dropping out is the American people.
     

  8. #58  
    gator
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Yeah, but as long as Saddam used those things against Israel and her people, Gator doesn't have a problem with it. In fact, he probably throws a party everytime Israelis are killed in terrorist actions.
    Not really really but I do cry when I open my wallet and discover that the government has used some of my money so that the goddamn Israelis can live well.

    I don't know about you but I have better uses for my hard earned moeny than to use it to protect some scumbag Middle East country that has nothing to do with the security of the US.
     

  9. #59  
    Goldwater
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    And if the foreign intervention to overthrow a despotic regime that sponsors terrorism against the US happens to also benefit Israel, that makes the whole thing invalid?
    Pentagon reports say that Iraq did sponsor terrorism, just not against the US.
     

  10. #60  
    John
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    We, or those here, could and did make up their own minds. When you and your ilk shoved it in our faces even when we didnt want it, thats when your "campaign" became offensive.
    Oh sure, you guys made up your minds. If I recall correctly, this board was about 80% Fred, with some Romney and Huckabee thrown in. History reveals that Fred did absolutely nothing whatsoever to further conservative ideals, while Romney and Huckabee did nothing but argue over whom god loved the most, and who made the biggest sanctuary city! So sure, you made up your mind and arrived at the most idiotic solution available. Someone, or rather several someones, called you a dumbass for it, and you got all bent. Get over it already.

    Though I don't necessarily agree with the methods and words chosen by the Paullites, I sure do agree that several members of this board needed to be exposed for the leftists they are. If you remember your argument that clearly states your belief that U.S. taxpayers should continue funding Australian, European, Isralei and Pacific Rim defense, than you are clearly a member of that group. You have stated that you believe the U.S. citizen should surrender what they earn so that less fortunate countries can have a better sense of security. Textbook socialism, and you deserved to have your conservative credentials questioned.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Thank you for driving so many of our members away.
    Thank you for making sure so many members are never coming back.

    Thank you for the many members who would have signed up and didn't when they took one look at you and others like you.

    Thank you and your ilk for postwhoring "Ron Paul Ron Paul" every single damned day in every thread, even when we werent even discussing the jerk, to the point that people gave up in disgust
    No thanks are necessary. You're really quite welcome. Politics in America for the foreseeable future are going to become nasty. With the Republican party selling out to disguised leftism, and the Democrats going way off the deep end of left field, we really don't have room for non-hackers that can't reconcile their damaged philosophies, do we?

    Twits like you counter the insane politics of the far left by shifting more and more to the way out right. Never once did you stop to the think about the consequences of a fascist movement within the U.S. A fascist movement of that scale will go global seeing as we have our hand in everyone's cookie jar anyway. Never once did you realize that it's abso-fucking-lutely dumb to counter extremism with a further escalation of extremism. This fact was pointed out by various Paullites in various ways, yet all you can think of is how bad it hurt your pride to be shown that you are wrong. Never mind the fact that you are still on the wrong side of the fight. Pigheadedness will win the day and see your pride through safe and sound won't it?


    We are capable of discovering things for ourselves, but when people like your ilk are rude to the point of duelling offence it goes much further
    Being capable of making a decision does not make one smart or insightful enough to make the right decision! You haven't even discovered the pitfalls of your own far right extremism, which may as well be far left extremism since the only thing that differs is intent and justification.

    Extremism is countered by an honest to goodness appeal to conservatism. Let every man and family stand on their own and choose their paths for themselves. That's what Ron Paul was preaching, that's what the Paullites were preaching in their varied methods. That's what you have fought against tooth and nail. Fighting against something so simple as asking the government to leave Americans alone and let them do for themselves most definitely brings into question your idea of conservatism, thus it was challenged righteously. In the end you couldn't hang, so you got all emo on us.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    You came to "convert us" as you did so many other forums and places you spammed and spammed and spammed until every single damned board started blanket banning your asses in simple self defence
    The hell I did. In all actuality I came to this board to speak with your resident economists, Scott & OwlMBA about the gold standard and the economy. I learned quite a bit, from Scott especially, about the shortcomings of a commodity standard. However, if you recall, both Scott & OwlMBA were arguing that the American economy was strong and fit as ever. Look at us now! Our dollar is worth half what is worth this time last year. Massive layoffs within the construction industry have ensued and the auto worker industry is next. Therefore, the Paullites were right and your members were wrong. You contest that they left because of the spam. I contest that they left to save face because they were proven wrong.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    We didn't want you.
    That's not really your call to make is it? The site wanted us for sure. More users mean more hits, more hits mean more ad revenue. Having us here is good business.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    We didn't invite you.[/B]
    Again, that's not your call to make. This isn't a private club, it's a public forum. If you aren't comfortable being around those with dissenting views, then go elsewhere. You seem to have a need for everyone to agree with your distorted, dangerous, and outright un-free worldview. A public forum, where people who think and reason might pop by probably isn't the best place for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    When told we weren't interested you kept slamming it in our faces every day, whether we wanted to hear it or not.
    You didn't tell me you weren't interested. You told me that you were right and that I was wrong. I offered evidence and sound logic, and you accused me of "spamming". I countered ten-fold your arguments for forward bases, and you called me "inhumane". Please, unless you are the victim of stupidity, you are no victim here.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    You abused your "freedom of speech" and considered ours to be "we will tell you what you want to say"....and even then you did not listen when we said STOP.
    Woah! Hold up here. What kind of non-thinker, in their right mind, puts Freedom of Speech in little quotes, in a context of disdain, on an American conservative forum! Secondly, what kind of logic goes on in a man's head that would lead him to believe that a free man's unalienable right can be "abused" through public discourse on a public venue. To say we have "abused" our rights by merely exercising them is a grave injustice that is visited and upheld frequently in American courts. We didn't "abuse" a damn thing. We exercised our voices in telling you and your kind that you are making decisions that will prove dangerous to future Americans. The Paullites called your fragile political philisophy into account and your only discourse is to say that we were "abusing" free speech?

    Seriously, grow a pair, stop whining, and start thinking.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    And you would still just not shut the fuck up and go away.
    Hrm...yeah...that's not going to happen, and rightly so.

    And I'm done breaking down your lame post. It was pretty painful just to get to this point, so I don't want to go through your winy repeat of everything you just said, only with more character formatting.

    Quote Originally Posted by asdf2231 View Post

    Oh please! Either contribute something meaningful to the conversation or take your ball & bat and just go home. No one cares about your emotions or emo attitude. Backup that bulldog head with something besides a hummingbird ass for once. Don't be scared. I'm not going to hurt anything but your pride.
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •