1. #1 That hit the spot! Italian Eggnog 
    Banned
    This is a drink I grew up in...unlike the NY style eggnog, this is very different. It reminds me of my childhood as my mother made it for us on cold winter mornings before school...it contains raw egg..so warning for those who have sensitive systems. I use fresh eggs and I never had a problem.

1 egg yolk
    1 tablespoon of sugar
    1 shot of espresso
    1/2 cup of HOT milk.

Beat egg yolk and sugar until light and fluffy with a spoon in a coffee cup.
    Slowly add the shot of espress (temper it, do not add at once as egg will curdle...) mix
    Add hot milk.

Re-warm if desired (I throw it into the microwave for another 40 seconds so it's HOT)

enjoy!

No!...you reminded me of it. OK, not the kind you describe (does sound good) but the type the milk companies and Southern Comfort put out during Christmas. (The kind with 1000 calories per sniff) I love that stuff. And, then they just take it away with no warning.
    Its not easy being an addict. If it was on the shelf year round, I'd never make it 'till April...

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    This is a drink I grew up in...unlike the NY style eggnog, this is very different. It reminds me of my childhood as my mother made it for us on cold winter mornings before school...it contains raw egg..so warning for those who have sensitive systems. I use fresh eggs and I never had a problem.

1 egg yolk
    1 tablespoon of sugar
    1 shot of espresso
    1/2 cup of HOT milk.

Beat egg yolk and sugar until light and fluffy with a spoon in a coffee cup.
    Slowly add the shot of espress (temper it, do not add at once as egg will curdle...) mix
    Add hot milk.

Re-warm if desired (I throw it into the microwave for another 40 seconds so it's HOT)

enjoy!

That sounds really good.

PS: Please put a cup of this next to my sandwich!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    PS: Please put a cup of this next to my sandwich!

I make it for my daughter too, she loves it. This is an OLD sicilian recipe...I wonder if the HOT milk cooks the egg since I re-heat it in the microwave....sort of like a zabaglione.

Be generous with the sugar and make sure you beat the hell out of it so the egg yolk turns into a very pale yellow and is frothy, before adding the espresso.

Next time I make it, I'll add pics and show the steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post

Next time I make it, I'll add pics and show the steps.

Excellent!