Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 I bit into a pearl 
    Has this ever happened to anybody else?? We were having an outdoor event and I was eating clams, and I bit into something.. Spat the thing out, and it was a PEARL!! I SWEAR! I spat out both sides of it.. I had split it in half. It mustve been still soft though. It was eggshell shaped. I set it aside, and then forgot about it when a fast moving thunderstorm came through. We folded up the table, cleaned up and ran for shelter. I doubt I could find the pearl in the grass.

The neighbor kid told me that I ate a clam that was probably 100 years old. I didnt google any of this, but is he right?

Anybody else ever bite into a pearl??

Banned
    No, but I think if you drink some scotch immediately afterwards, it helps! :D

I did that once, ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    No, but I think if you drink some scotch immediately afterwards, it helps! :D
    Like that will happen in this lifetime.

Since I am not a quitter, I actually bought a little sampler of a mixed scotch, or whatever they call it. I think it was made by Jameson. (not Jenna ) I sniffed it... swished it around in a glass. I swished it around in my mouth.. and swallowed. It was horrid. But the horrid did not last long. The aftertaste was better than the taste. I sortve liked the numb feeling in my mouth.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    Like that will happen in this lifetime.

Since I am not a quitter, I actually bought a little sampler of a mixed scotch, or whatever they call it. I think it was made by Jameson. (not Jenna ) I sniffed it... swished it around in a glass. I swished it around in my mouth.. and swallowed. It was horrid. But the horrid did not last long. The aftertaste was better than the taste. I sortve liked the numb feeling in my mouth.
    Jamieson is not scotch, it's Irish whiskey!!! Just get nice, smooth blended, either a Chivas or a Dewar's White Label and it will have the same nice aftertaste with less of a "horrid" bite.

Banned
    I have chomped down on a pearl while eating raw oysters on the half shell. :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Jamieson is not scotch, it's Irish whiskey!!! Just get nice, smooth blended, either a Chivas or a Dewar's White Label and it will have the same nice aftertaste with less of a "horrid" bite.
    Oh... well whatever. Someone told me about it, so I tried it. yuck yuck. Rest assured I will let you know if I try Chivas. Maybe I will bring it to the next semi triple annual Sisters Weekend Getaway. ha!

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I have chomped down on a pearl while eating raw oysters on the half shell. :eek:
    Raw oysters, yuck! That's what y'all get.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Good for the libido, so I've heard.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    You should see these dudes that suck and swallow. I chew mine up dipped in a cocktail sauce; they are slap your momma good. You need to give them a try.