Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Try some Makers Mark Jumpy, I bet you'll like it. :D

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    You should see these dudes that suck and swallow. I chew mine up dipped in a cocktail sauce; they are slap your momma good. You need to give them a try.
    I find this entire post disturbing.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Ask "The Captain" what he thinks...:D

Banned
    I will be a gentleman; will not post what would really disturb you but leave it to your imagination.

Clams are not actually known as the primary producers of pearls although they can and do produce pearls. Clam pearls are known as calcareous concretions, not as nacreous pearls. Clams do not produce nacre. Mollusks from the family Bivavlia are the primary pearl producers, especially mollusks from the genus Pinctada.
    Contrary to popular belief, a pearl is not created by a grain of sand. This is a widely accepted urban legend. A pearl is most often created when a parasite burrows through a mollusk's shell and into the mantle tissue of the host. The defensive reaction of the mollusk is to grow a sac around the intruder. This is known as the pearl sac.
    You knew I HAD to look it up!!

I absolutely love raw oysters. They will be better in September.

Me too. on the disturbing part.

Since I don't know how to double quote.... SR, I guess in my quest to appreciate whiskey, or scotch, or whatever it is, I will end up trying markers mark, only because I would hate to not give it all a fair shake. So far, most of it ends up being diluted with a gallon of gingerale. A shame, because I hate to not appreciate something that is so wonderful. according to others. HEY, SR, would the stuff taste good if one never got a buzz from it?

The neighbor lady, who I force to drink the teeny sample stuff with me... well she has pretty much hated it all too, and she thinks we need lots of peach schnapps to make it good.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Contrary to popular belief, a pearl is not created by a grain of sand. This is a widely accepted urban legend. A pearl is most often created when a parasite burrows through a mollusk's shell and into the mantle tissue of the host. The defensive reaction of the mollusk is to grow a sac around the intruder. This is known as the pearl sac.
    I did not know this. I'm slightly horrified. Sometimes I wish you'd just leave well enough alone, LL!
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    You knew I HAD to look it up!!

I absolutely love raw oysters. They will be better in September.
    haha!! So how weird was it that I found myself biting a small oval shaped hard thing, in half? Is that normal?

My first split second thought was that I bit on a bone (a chicken bone) my brain told me that made no sense, and my second thought was that I had split a tooth. On soft clams??? And then I spat/pulled the pearl out of my mouth. Dang.. I wish I had saved it. I meant to and then forgot. It was lost in the rush to stay dry when the thunder and lightening started acting up.

If any google searches show that this pearl is worth zillions, I will definitly find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    I guess in my quest to appreciate whiskey, or scotch, or whatever it is, I will end up trying markers mark, only because I would hate to not give it all a fair shake.
    Don't even bother. Just stick with Pina Coladas, Margaritas, light beer or any other dirink that comes with an umbrella and you'll be fine. Chicks shouldn't be messing with no brown liqour anyway.
    Be Not Afraid.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    Since I don't know how to double quote.... SR, I guess in my quest to appreciate whiskey, or scotch, or whatever it is, I will end up trying markers mark, only because I would hate to not give it all a fair shake. So far, most of it ends up being diluted with a gallon of gingerale. A shame, because I hate to not appreciate something that is so wonderful. according to others. HEY, SR, would the stuff taste good if one never got a buzz from it?

The neighbor lady, who I force to drink the teeny sample stuff with me... well she has pretty much hated it all too, and she thinks we need lots of peach schnapps to make it good.
    :eek: Aaacck! Sweet, sweet, sweet!