Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Bush: lift ban on off shore drilling 
    WASHINGTON — President Bush called on Congress Wednesday to open U.S. coastal waters to oil and gas development by lifting a 27-year-old ban on drilling off the American coastline, and allowing states to decide whether to permit production off their shores.

Blaming Democrats for stalling, Bush said, "Congress must face a hard reality. Unless members are willing to accept gas prices at a today's levels, or even higher," the country "must produce more oil, and we must start now."

source

the democraps say:
    WASHINGTON — Eleven senators called on the Bush administration Tuesday to file a complaint with the World Trade Organization against eight members of the OPEC cartel, saying they are violating trade rules by colluding to hold down global oil supplies.

The senators, 10 Democrats and one independent, maintained "the very existence of OPEC" violates the GATT trade agreement that prohibits nations from setting quotas or imposing other restrictions on exports.

source

so the dems wanna go after OPEC. ha can you say boomerang ????? they would rather risk even higher prices to protect the lil' fish's and coral reefs. right.
    Last edited by Phillygirl; 06-18-2008 at 12:10 PM. Reason: remove quote tags
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Wow - all of that without invoking Tim Russert’s name. Incredible. :eek:
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Bush is about 8 years too late on this one. He should have pushed for this years ago for me to take notice. Sheesh!
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Bush is about 8 years too late on this one. He should have pushed for this years ago for me to take notice. Sheesh!
    No kidding! There's no way I'm voting for him in November now!

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    No kidding! There's no way I'm voting for him in November now!
    So you're not voting for McBush?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

the ban for off shore drilling was put into effect in 1980. oh yeah. its bush's fault
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    source

the democraps say:

source

so the dems wanna go after OPEC. ha can you say boomerang ????? they would rather risk even higher prices to protect the lil' fish's and coral reefs. right.
    The liberals and the Env. wackos have placed themselves in a box and they do not know how to get out. Bashing the top oil Exec. did not work because the voters sided with the oil companies rather than the partisan Demo craps. Their next trick is to go after OPEC. If these fools get their way, OPEC will say screw you. We will cut production. Then what. Exxon has reduced their exploration budget by 30% in the US ; what CEO in their right mind would want to invest in this country when the loonies on the hill are anti-oil, anti-business and want to take their profits.

The way the winds are blowing for change, I would say that the voters want more exploration. Also, this might turn out to be a bigger issue than the housing mess. The Democratic Congress has the ball and they are dropping it. Their only answer is to tax the shit out of it which will only make the price of gas goes up instead of down. The good folks of CA had the good sense to defeat a proposition that was anti-oil and pro tax.

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    So you're not voting for McBush?
    I will be casting my vote for John McCain. Hopefully it goes a little ways towards countering your vote for Comerade Obama.

the ban for off shore drilling was put into effect in 1980. oh yeah. its bush's fault
    Has off-shore oil drilling technology and safety equipment advanced since 1980?

Banned
    Shh, don't tell them. Don't you know everything is King Bush's fault. BTW, when Governor Jeb Bush proposed that the state of FL look into the possibility of exploring for natural gas offshore, there was huge shit storm in FL and in DC. Loonies on the left came out in full force.