Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Itís gonna get nasty' in final days before election 

(CNN) -- With just days to go before Election Day, Sen. Barack Obama is warning his supporters that things are going to get unpleasant fast -- and that the race will come down to every last vote.

Sen. Barack Obama speaks at a rally in Des Moines, Iowa, Friday.

"Don't believe for a second this election is over. Don't think for a minute that power concedes anything. It's gonna get nasty, I'm sure, in the next four days," Obama told a crowd in Columbia, Missouri, on Thursday night.

"They will throw everything at us like they've been doing, and we're gonna have to work like our future depends on it in this last week. You know what? Because it does, and every single young person here tonight -- I've gotta have every single one of you voting, and you've gotta grab five more, all of you, have gotta vote," he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/31/last.weekend/
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Thats because there is soo much to throw at the one.

And all the liberal dummies follow right along..... kinda reminds one of Germany in the late 1930's
    Onward Thru the Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo55 View Post
    And all the liberal dummies follow right along..... kinda reminds one of Germany in the late 1930's
    :eek:

# 1884: The party merged with the ⇒ Liberal Union into the German Freeminded Party (Deutsche Freisinnige Partei)

# 1893: The party split in the Freeminded People's Party (Freisinnige Volkspartei) and the ⇒ Freeminded Union (Freisinnige Vereinigung)

# 1910: The FVP merged with the ⇒ Freeminded Union and the ⇒ German People's Party into the Progressive People's Party (Fortschrittliche Volkspartei)

# 1918: The party is reorganised into the German Democratic Party (Deutsche Demokratische Partei), incorporating parts of the ⇒ National Liberal Party

# 1930: The DDP in an attempt to survive reorganised itself into the German State Party (Deutsche Staatspartei)

# 1933: The party is banned by the Nazis

At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo55 View Post
    Thats because there is soo much to throw at the one.

The current situation in the US is as unlike the situation in 1930s Germany as it's possible to get.

Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    The current situation in the US is as unlike the situation in 1930s Germany as it's possible to get.
    The only resemblence I can see is the "charisma" of Obama. My mother told how Hilter could nearly hypnotize an entire crowd...even those that knew better were strongly attracted to what he said. I don't think Obama has that down, yet. :p
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    The only resemblence I can see is the "charisma" of Obama. My mother told how Hilter could nearly hypnotize an entire crowd...even those that knew better were strongly attracted to what he said. I don't think Obama has that down, yet. :p
    True that.

"Und ich weiss, es kann nicht andere sein."

Not only what he said, but also the way he said it.

We should all guard ourselves against that.

Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    True that.

"Und ich weiss, es kann nicht andere sein."

Not only what he said, but also the way he said it.

We should all guard ourselves against that.
    It'll be tougher as the years go by and there are fewer and fewer who remember. Of all of my mom's family, there is now only one sister left who heard Hitler. A few more years, and it'll all be hearsay...
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

DEAR JOHN, TURN OUT THE LIGHTS - THE PARTY'S OVER!

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post

DEAR JOHN, TURN OUT THE LIGHTS - THE PARTY'S OVER!

Libs are big at rallys, Repups work everyday, get a little time off to vote then go home and tend to their families.

Sonnabend
    So really, Obama's already won and its a waste of time for anyone else to go out and vote...I mean LP, you're the kind that would say "why bother with an election, you Repukes are too stupid to vote anyway.."

(and I can point to a dozen DU threads that say just that)

To you, everyone else is stupid except of course for The One and his band of followers....

.."going to get unpleasant"?