Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31
  1. #11  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    Not only wars to make Israel safe and everybody else in the world but spending for earmarks, entitlements, pork and union contracts and everything you can think of at the tune of $3 trillion a year.

    McCain himself said the other day there was not any way he could even balance the budget in his first term of office and that is if he gets everything he plans from a Democrat control Congress, which is unlikely.

    If any of the NeoCons think anything will change under McCain then they are doing their usual denial.

    He is a slightly better choice than Obama but that is not saying much.
    You did not answer my question. Who is your first choice? If it was Fred, he was not ready for prime time and you can not dig up R.R.

    No one in their right mind would expect him to balance the budget in his first term because the budget for 09 has already been voted on plus the Prez does not have line item veto power like Governors do. He can make a dent in decreasing it though; Obama sure as hell will not.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    gator
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    You did not answer my question. Who is your first choice? If it was Fred, he was not ready for prime time and you can not dig up R.R.

    No one in their right mind would expect him to balance the budget in his first term because the budget for 09 has already been voted on plus the Prez does not have line item veto power like Governors do. He can make a dent in decreasing it though; Obama sure as hell will not.
    I never had a first choice. Everybody running was for big government in some way or another.

    I did not think Paul would make a very good President and I disagreed with him on several issues but I voted for him as a protest against the NeoCons.

    I have given up. We are too far out of control for the system to work or be changed by any one conservative leader.

    They bad guys have already won. They have destroyed our Republic for money and power and we let them. There is nothing we can do now except watch our country go to hell in a hand basket.

    The problems permeate all branches of Federal, State and Local government, including the Legislatures, Executives and Judicial. It is just as bad on the state and local level as it is on the Federal level.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,870
    Quote Originally Posted by CLibertarian View Post
    While I'm no fan of McCain, I agree.
    So do I. Obama would be a disaster.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    I never had a first choice. Everybody running was for big government in some way or another.

    I did not think Paul would make a very good President and I disagreed with him on several issues but I voted for him as a protest against the NeoCons.

    I have given up. We are too far out of control for the system to work or be changed by any one conservative leader.

    They bad guys have already won. They have destroyed our Republic for money and power and we let them. There is nothing we can do now except watch our country go to hell in a hand basket.

    The problems permeate all branches of Federal, State and Local government, including the Legislatures, Executives and Judicial. It is just as bad on the state and local level as it is on the Federal level.
    I don't think it is as bad as you indicate but have to agree that almost all politicians have this spend like there is no tomorrow mentality.

    BTW, no one can balance the budget because items like Social Security are off budgets. If you included those items, we have not come close to balancing the budget in many, many years. In other words, Clinton's balanced budget was just smoke and mirrors of a governmental accoounting system that would land any CEO president behind bars if those practices were adopted. We are asshole to appetite in debt.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 06-15-2008 at 05:52 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Senior Member LogansPapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Surf City, USA
    Posts
    3,782
    War - in various locations, maybe even on the African continent, will define McBush's administration. The debt will be shoved out to another time and a generation after the new president's death. He won't care coming in to office and, in eight years - he most definitely won't give a damn going out. Military contracts will proliferate, for all his buddies and somebody else's grand-children will pick up the tab.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Eyelids
    Guest
    Wait, McCain wants to lower taxes and increase spending? What planet are we on?

    If you like the Iraq war and all of Bush's (McCain and Bush are identical) massive spending sprees you're going to have to put up with higher taxes. This is not me bashing Bush policies or even touching whether the war is justified, its just the reality of the situation. You cant increase spending and cut revenue, that results in bankruptcy over time. The economy will never be strong if we keep letting the dollar get raped.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Wait, McCain wants to lower taxes and increase spending? What planet are we on?

    If you like the Iraq war and all of Bush's (McCain and Bush are identical) massive spending sprees you're going to have to put up with higher taxes. This is not me bashing Bush policies or even touching whether the war is justified, its just the reality of the situation. You cant increase spending and cut revenue, that results in bankruptcy over time. The economy will never be strong if we keep letting the dollar get raped.
    What planet are you living on; revenues have been increasing ever since Bush took over. Let's see, that was when you were 10 years old. Correct. McCain said he was going to cut spending. Once again, you have your facts mixed up.

    BTW, Obama's spend and tax increases will put us in a depression or a deep recession like the days of the peanut farmer with 17% home mortgage rates.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 06-15-2008 at 11:05 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Eyelids
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut;8563[B
    ]What planet are you living on; revenues have been increasing ever since Bush took over.[/B] Let's see, that was when you were 10 years old. Correct. McCain said he was going to cut spending. Once again, you have your facts mixed up.

    BTW, Obama's spend and tax increases will put us in a depression or a deep recession like the days of the peanut farmer with 17% home mortgage rates.
    PROOF.

    Niether presidential candidate will plunge us into a recession, as usual you have no idea what you're talking about. And the trillion dollar mistake is not a way to cut spending.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Patent Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    1,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    And the trillion dollar mistake is not a way to cut spending.
    Medicare? Social Security? Welfare? Union contracts for government services?

    You're going to have to be more specific.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    PROOF.

    Niether presidential candidate will plunge us into a recession, as usual you have no idea what you're talking about. And the trillion dollar mistake is not a way to cut spending.
    You made the first statement regarding increasing spending and cutting revenues. You prove that revenues have decreased under Bush's 2 terms. You are just a partisian dumb ass because revenues are increasing.

    Llike I said before how many hours of accounting (governmental accounting) and years of auditing experinece in government have you had?
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •