Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Today was a really neat day at the rally. There was about a 2 hour wait outside before we finally got in. Our seats in the bleachers weren't too bad...appeared to be a good view. Then my friend left for a bit to use the ladies' room. Next thing I know, she's motioning from the floor for me to leave our seats. Turns out that one of the local candidates for the state legislature got to chatting with her, and when she mentioned how she wished she could get decent seats for once, he invited her to sit in the VIP seats. Booyah!!

So we moved to the bleachers closest to the stage. My nephew didn't want to sit up there, so I let him roam. He managed to wriggle his way to the front and ended up right up against the barrier, right next to the stage. He got some great pictures and I hope he is able to send them to me.

After a bit I wandered down to the floor and ended up next to a barrier where all the SS guys and campaign guys went back and forth between the stage and the "backstage". I was able to shake Gov. Ridge's hand and listen in on a woman of Arabic descent who was pissed off at some perceived slight by McCain when he defended Obama by saying he's not a Muslim/Arab, and that he's a good guy.

Anywhoo, then I spoke for a few minutes with a very nice looking man who came over just to say hello. I shook his hand, he thanked me for coming, and then another woman and her daughter and I chitchatted with him about missing Mass that morning for the rally. Then I saw a few people getting their pictures taken with him (drat for not having my camera with me).

Turns out it was Senator Sam Brownback.

Very cool day. The nephew enjoyed it immensely and when I dropped him off to his mother, I mentioned that now he must be a Republican. His response was "No dip!". My sister translated for me, and indicated that was an emphatic yes!

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Sounds like you had a greyt time Philly! We were watching it on Fox
    and looking for ya!! :)
    May the FORCE be with you!

My brother-in-law and his wife were briefly on camera as McCain exited the Scranton rally yesterday. Myself, I'd rather go to a Palin rally.

Quote Originally Posted by YupItsMe View Post
    My brother-in-law and his wife were briefly on camera as McCain exited the Scranton rally yesterday. Myself, I'd rather go to a Palin rally.
    The first one I went to had both of them there, and Palin really added some excitement to it.

I didn't realize you had family in Scranton. We're probably related. Everyone with family there ends up being related!

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    I didn't realize you had family in Scranton. We're probably related. Everyone with family there ends up being related!
    So you're related to Biden? :eek: :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    So you're related to Biden? :eek: :eek:
    Probably. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    The first one I went to had both of them there, and Palin really added some excitement to it.

I also have a 20 yr old son, just got dumped by his girlfriend down there. You have any young conservative female relatives? :D

Quote Originally Posted by YupItsMe View Post
    I also have a 20 yr old son, just got dumped by his girlfriend down there. You have any young conservative female relatives? :D
    No. But does he go to da U? There should be lots of nice young conservative ladies there!