Thread: Is every Black in America going to vote for Obama?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    My guess is that 80 to 90 per cent of civilians will vote for him. Blacks in the military might vote in greater numbers for McCain because of pay and cuts in the military .

Independents are the voters that decide elections. Most blacks and white liberals will vote for a Democrat. One of Obama's biggest problems is appealing to centrist voters who do not like his 100% liberal voting record. Also, Mexicans do not like blacks and vice versa. McCain will get a bigger percentage than any Repub. has. I think it is going to be another slaughter like Dukakis.
    Interesting prediction. Even though I'm not fond of McCain, I'm far less fond of Obama. I hope--sort of-- that your prediction is true.

Goldwater
    I think Obama is going to win, as well suited as McCain can be to win a general election, I don't see it happening.

gator
    My guess is that 80 to 90 per cent of civilians will vote for him. Blacks in the military might vote in greater numbers for McCain because of pay and cuts in the military .

Independents are the voters that decide elections. Most blacks and white liberals will vote for a Democrat. One of Obama's biggest problems is appealing to centrist voters who do not like his 100% liberal voting record. Also, Mexicans do not like blacks and vice versa. McCain will get a bigger percentage than any Repub. has. I think it is going to be another slaughter like Dukakis.
    One thing you can give Ron Paul credit for is raising the conscience of a few real Conservatives. I know there were 86,000 of us here in Florida.

These real Conservatives are not going to vote for a big government NeoCon simply because the NeoCon is the lesser of two evils. Not any more.

McCain will lose at least a million conservative votes nationwide that normally would have gone to the NeoCon. I don't know if that will make a difference or not but it could.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    One thing you can give Ron Paul credit for is raising the conscience of a few real Conservatives. I know there were 86,000 of us here in Florida.

These real Conservatives are not going to vote for a big government NeoCon simply because the NeoCon is the lesser of two evils. Not any more.

McCain will lose at least a million conservative votes nationwide that normally would have gone to the NeoCon. I don't know if that will make a difference or not but it could.
    If you are telling me that a 100% of the folks that voted for Paul will stay home, that is a crock of crap and you know it. My guess is that the majority will vote for McCain or a 3rd party candidate. They sure as hell will not vote for Obama.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CLibertarian View Post
    Interesting prediction. Even though I'm not fond of McCain, I'm far less fond of Obama. I hope--sort of-- that your prediction is true.
    I am in the same boat. I don't like McCain either but when push comes to shove many conservatives will vote for McCain. I also think the polls will show on election day that Obama is ahead because the media wants him to win, and also that conservatives are less than enthusiastic about McCain but will pull the lever for him. Even someone like Gator.

gator
    If you are telling me that a 100% of the folks that voted for Paul will stay home, that is a crock of crap and you know it. My guess is that the majority will vote for McCain or a 3rd party candidate. They sure as hell will not vote for Obama.
    Ron Paul got 1.2 million nationwide with McCain clinching the nomination pretty early.

We will see how many like myself that will not waste our vote on the lesser of two evils.

Politically tired.
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    I think every Black in America is going to vote for Obama. I can not see even a Black Conservatives like JC Watts not doing the dirty deed.

This campaign is about race, pure and simple.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080614/...rvatives_obama
    That was stereotypical.

I know of blacks who are not voting for Obama this November. I also know of blacks who are only voting for Obama because Hillary lost (meaning they voted for Hillary in the primary).

Politically tired.
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Hey, if you want a man honest enough to admit he doesn't care about the price of gas, vote Barack Osama Obama.
    BOO! :D

fixed. Hehe.

Beaten Last Dead Horse
    I am in the same boat. I don't like McCain either but when push comes to shove many conservatives will vote for McCain. I also think the polls will show on election day that Obama is ahead because the media wants him to win, and also that conservatives are less than enthusiastic about McCain but will pull the lever for him. Even someone like Gator.
    Conservatives will not vote for McCain if he selects a liberal like Romney, Rice, Giuliani, Powell or Hutchison as his VP running mate. Myself included.

Every black person is not going to vote Obama. However, about 80 percent will.
    When another poster talked about the crazy rw taking up arms if Obama wins, then
    one must know that there is a possibility of problems if he don't. Either scenerio is not
    pretty.

The only way there will not be trouble is if there is a landslide in bibilical proportions r or L and
    I don't see that happening.

I have said it before and I will say it again. This is going to be a very unusual year.
    I think a black person has as much right to run for the presidency and win as any white person.
    I think a woman has a right to as well. Depends on the candidates of choice.
    Many people do not see things this way.
    If Bush can get elected...anyone can.