Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mike128 View Post
    SOME Conservatives will not vote for McCain if he selects a liberal like Romney, Rice, Giuliani, Powell or Hutchison as his VP running mate. Myself included.
    FIXED

The majority will vote for him including myself. I vote for the top of the ticket like most people.

Quote Originally Posted by vetwife View Post
    Oh Clarence Thomas won't be.
    or Dr. Rice.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    FIXED

The majority will vote for him including myself. I vote for the top of the ticket like most people.
    Yep. Why would Conservatives vote for a POS like Osama Obama? Look at Iraq, Obama made one trip there. He isn't interested in finding out how things are going, he's just interested in using McCains comment about US troops there for 100 years. He's made his mind up on Iraq which is why he hasn't gone back. I would have a little respect for him if he had take McCain up on his offer to visit Iraq together. Instead he did exactly what I thought he'd do and said no.

Beaten Last Dead Horse
    FIXED

That's assuming the "lesser of two evils" propaganda from GOP strategists still works as well as it did 10 years ago.

Conservatives have been buying into voting for the "lesser of two evils" Republican candadite argument for more than 10 years now, only to get sand kicked in their faces once the election was over, and it was too late. McCain's first, and most important decision that he will make prior to Election Day, will be who he selects as his VP running mate. This decision will be a clear indication of the direction that McCain wants to take the Republican Party in the future.

Then there's the age issue. I seriously doubt that conservatives are going to rush to the polls to vote for a McCain ticket with some loopy liberal possibly being a single heartbeat away from the presidency, especially given McCain's age.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Gravy View Post
    or Dr. Rice.
    or Walter Williams.

Banned
    That's assuming the "lesser of two evils" propaganda from GOP strategists still works as well as it did 10 years ago.

Conservatives have been buying into voting for the "lesser of two evils" Republican candadite argument for more than 10 years now, only to get sand kicked in their faces once the election was over, and it was too late. McCain's first, and most important decision that he will make prior to Election Day, will be who he selects as his VP running mate. This decision will be a clear indication of the direction that McCain wants to take the Republican Party in the future.

Then there's the age issue. I seriously doubt that conservatives are going to rush to the polls to vote for a McCain ticket with some loopy liberal possibly being a single heartbeat away from the presidency, especially given McCain's age.
    The only conservatives that will base their decision whether they vote for McCain based on the VP are the loopy ones. I would like to see him pick Newt. However, any Repub that he picks for VP is better than a left wing liberal Marxist like Obama.

Beaten Last Dead Horse
    The only conservatives that will base their decision whether they vote for McCain based on the VP are the loopy ones. I would like to see him pick Newt. However, any Repub that he picks for VP is better than a left wing liberal Marxist like Obama.
    I like Newt too. If Newt gets tapped as McCain's VP, then problem solved. But if McCain decides to tell conservatives to go screw themselves by selecting Romney, Rice, Giuliani, Powell or some other liberal, don't be surprised by just how many conservatives will either sit the election out, or vote the ticket down.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Yep. Why would Conservatives vote for a POS like Osama Obama? Look at Iraq, Obama made one trip there. He isn't interested in finding out how things are going, he's just interested in using McCains comment about US troops there for 100 years. He's made his mind up on Iraq which is why he hasn't gone back. I would have a little respect for him if he had take McCain up on his offer to visit Iraq together. Instead he did exactly what I thought he'd do and said no.
    You're fucking ridiculous.

If Obama does anything McCain asks him to do suddenly the dialog becomes "Look at how spineless Obama is!" These games the GOP tries to play arent working anymore, and the polls back me there.

Banned
    I like Newt too. If Newt gets tapped as McCain's VP, then problem solved. But if McCain decides to tell conservatives to go screw themselves by selecting Romney, Rice, Giuliani, Powell or some other liberal, don't be surprised by just how many conservatives will either sit the election out, or vote the ticket down.
    Some conservatives express your view but when you consider the alternative and difference between a McCain vs Obama Presidency, I think most conservatives will hold their nose and vote for McCain. Additionally, the election is 6 months off and we will be learning more and more about the magic negro. I don't think we will be surprised at any earth shattering news about McCains background or policies. Not so with Obama.

The liberal media will come after McCain along with the loons on the left. That may backfire and make people sympathetic towards him. Look what happens when Bush is attacked unfairly. I am not a fan of Bush but get pissed when the media dumps on him or fabricates incidents.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    You're fucking ridiculous.

If Obama does anything McCain asks him to do suddenly the dialog becomes "Look at how spineless Obama is!" These games the GOP tries to play arent working anymore, and the polls back me there.
    Obama is too chickenshit to go to Iraq; fyi, the polls are meaningless at this stage. You are not very good at this are you?