Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 American kids, dumber than dirt..biggest pile of idiots in U.S. history. 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Warning: The next generation might just be the biggest pile of idiots in U.S. history By Mark Morford

"Mark Morford is a kneejerk idiot liberal of the worst kind.If he would write this he must be worried !"

I have this ongoing discussion with a longtime reader who also just so happens to be a longtime Oakland high school teacher, a wonderful guy who's seen generations of teens come and generations go and who has a delightful poetic sensibility and quirky outlook on his life and his family and his beloved teaching career.

And he often writes to me in response to something I might've written about the youth of today, anything where I comment on the various nefarious factors shaping their minds and their perspectives and whether or not, say, EMFs and junk food and cell phones are melting their brains and what can be done and just how bad it might all be.

His response: It is not bad at all. It's absolutely horrifying.

My friend often summarizes for me what he sees, firsthand, every day and every month, year in and year out, in his classroom. He speaks not merely of the sad decline in overall intellectual acumen among students over the years, not merely of the astonishing spread of lazy slackerhood, or the fact that cell phones and iPods and excess TV exposure are, absolutely and without reservation, short-circuiting the minds of the upcoming generations. Of this, he says, there is zero doubt.
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...type=printable

Patent Member
    "and if you think the hordes of easily terrified, mindless fundamentalist evangelical Christian lemmings have been bad for the soul of this country, just wait."
    ...asshole. Christians built this country and made it great. Asshole liberals like this guy are what destroyed our public education system.

I'm sure his solution will be to throw more money at the problem.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    "and if you think the hordes of easily terrified, mindless fundamentalist evangelical Christian lemmings have been bad for the soul of this country, just wait."
    ...asshole. Christians built this country and made it great. Asshole liberals like this guy are what destroyed our public education system.

I'm sure his solution will be to throw more money at the problem.
    Its funny... there's hardly a larger group, besides thugs and gangbangers, who seem to have more animosity and contempt for higher education than a right wing evangelical. Those institutions are to be feared and derided as nothing more than 'indoctrination camps', filled with 'ivory tower' elites who want to warp the minds of their children.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Its funny... there's hardly a larger group, besides thugs and gangbangers, who seem to have more animosity and contempt for higher education than a right wing evangelical. Those institutions are to be feared and derided as nothing more than 'indoctrination camps', filled with 'ivory tower' elites who want to warp the minds of their children.
    And here at CU we have the perfect example of a product of higher education today...the gutless, cowardly, lying waste of skin Eyelids.

This is what happens when you put the government in charge of education.

You think it's bad now? Wait until this generation finishes school and become teachers.

Fortunately we have Britain to to show us how to pave the way to a bright new future:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-adviser.html

It's not funny how much reason Christians have to worry about sending kids to college. With only a few exceptions, most colleges are set up with the purpose of removing from every student any conservative or Christian inclination they may possess. If you doubt this, Mike Adams has written extensively on that subject...and has been denied tenure due to his conservative Christian beliefs.

Mr Smith, who also teaches at a college, has met this prejudice time after time. He has even been accused of "brainwashing" his kids by taking them to church.

Even my not-so-conservative, non-Christian daughter was amazed at the leftist garbage she was fed in college...and she was actually attending a private supposedly-Christian college. If you think DU is bad, I think most college professors ARE DUmpMonkeys.

It isn't the education that is a problem, it's the lack thereof.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Wilber you only have to ask Mr. Ed and he too will tell you that Christians are all for higher education. Just not at the expense of common sense and their personal beliefs.

The "contempt" is not directed toward higher educaton but at the ridculous "educators" that spew their venom at the Christian kids who pay their inflated salary.

Quote Originally Posted by FeebMaster View Post
    This is what happens when you put the government in charge of education.

You think it's bad now? Wait until this generation finishes school and become teachers.

Fortunately we have Britain to to show us how to pave the way to a bright new future:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-adviser.html
    Point one: Orwell was definitely a prophet when he set 1984 in England. The only thing he may have missed is the islamofacists taking over first.
    Point two: Almost every time I go out in the world and see kids, little and not so little, and how they interact with the world, I get scared to death that these are the future doctors, lawyers, politicians, police people, nurses, caretakers ect. When they show no empathy,sympathy, or concern for anything outside of their own wants, and their parents let them do all this, I can only imagine what they will be like as adults.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Sadly, it's not just the schools contributing to the problem. My wife and I were taking a walk through a park during the weekend, and almost every kid we saw over the age of six was talking on a cell phone. Here it was a fine summer day, blue sky, warm temps, and that's all they could think to do. I am so glad those things were not around when we were younger. Imagine what their brains are missing.

Christian education is just fine - as long as you don’t go digging anything up.;)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)