Thread: NASCAR

1. #1 NASCAR 
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar...202753070.html

Before 2015, NASCAR mandated that teams fasten all five lug nuts per wheel when changing tires on a pit stop. The sanctioning body did away with the rule before last season and teams are now fastening four (or even three lug nuts) in an effort to save time on pit road.

ďNo, I donít want to know," Junior said when asked Friday if he paid attention to how many lugnuts his team fastened per pit stop. "Itís freaky man. For me Iím one of the guys who is freaked out by it. I wish I could not care when the wheels are shaking, but you do. Iíve had a few come off and it never ends well."

Check @ 0:20

Last edited by Retread; 04-17-2016 at 04:56 PM.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi

This is usually done in late pitstops, not all race long.
    Deplorably Proud To Be An American

As the PTB's slowly reduce the lug nuts from 6 to 5 to 4 to .... It's gonna be more and more often
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi

Y'know, if viewed from Mars, this weekend's 300 & 500 wreckathons can be directly blamed on NASCAR's new 'staging'-rule, to award points during the race, creating artificial pressure to race up-front. When the theory of it became real, it's obvious that the rule was just an excuse for more TV-commercials and rhetorical jingo-ism.

It's time to put an actual driver in-charge of NASCAR, like Carl Edwards... who can go-Trump on this anti restrictor-plate attitude that the Association seems to be pushing. -Or is a pro-Charlotte attitude?? Because fans want to see the All-Star race moved around to different venues. Nothing about the Charlotte-track merits it being an immovable Mt. Olympus.

Sorry NC-fans. You already have the World 600.

A few things need to be done. For starters, get rid of teams. #2, get rid of these gimmicks. Just race and let the chips fall where they may. #3, ditch restrictor plates. It's no coincidence that races like Daytona and Talladega turn into high speed demolition derbys. #4, go back to individual qualifying. You race around the track and whoever has the fastest time gets the pole and so on and so forth. #5, don't alienate your southern roots. Banning the rebel flag was a big mistake. #6, which should be #1, get rid of Bill France. He is literally destroying the sport. #7, get rid of the chase. It makes no sense that you can go all season, not win a single race, make the chase because you raced well enough, then race well enough to make each cut then on the last race, just finish ahead of the other 3 drivers and win the Cup. In fact, you can win every single race leading up to the chase, win every single elimination race, make the final, and lose to someone who didn't win a race all year. Stupid.
    Deplorably Proud To Be An American

I agree with those.

I gotta clarify my 'anti restrictor-plate attitude'... I meant; since Daytona and Talledega use restrictor-plates, it seems like France and NASCAR want to slow the cars down even further. So I should've said 'anti restrictor-plate tracks.'

But yeah, remove the plates entirely.

And teams should be just the car-manufacturers themselves. The way it started-out.