Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 REL: Obama's Reign and Ezekiel 7 (Open Debate) 
    I'm not sure if this is religion or politics. I'll let the mods decide.

I am a conservative Christian person. Mostly Catholic. Many people I know can see the handwriting on the wall. Some have had prophetic dreams about what is coming. Today I received an email from a friend in Alabama. She says that while in prayer about this election, the Lord gave her Ezekiel 7.

Yes, I feel that Obama could be the anti-christ.

EZEKIEL - Chapter 7

1 Thus the word of the LORD came to me:

2 Son of man, now say: Thus says the Lord GOD to the land of Israel: An end! The end has come upon the four corners of the land!

3 Now the end is upon you; I will unleash my anger against you and judge you according to your conduct and lay upon you the consequences of all your abominations.

4 I will not look upon you with pity nor have mercy; I will bring your conduct down upon you, and the consequences of your abominations shall be in your midst; then shall you know that I am the LORD.

5 Thus says the Lord GOD: Disaster upon disaster! See it coming!

6 An end is coming, the end is coming upon you! See it coming!

7 The climax has come for you who dwell in the land! The time has come, near is the day: a time of consternation, not of rejoicing.

8 Soon now I will pour out my fury upon you and spend my anger upon you; I will judge you according to your conduct and lay upon you the consequences of all your abominations.

9 I will not look upon you with pity nor have mercy; I will deal with you according to your conduct, and the consequences of your abominations shall be in your midst; then shall you know that it is I, the LORD, who strike.

10 See, the day of the LORD! See, the end is coming! Lawlessness is in full bloom, insolence flourishes,

11 violence has risen to support wickedness. It shall not be long in coming, nor shall it delay.

12 The time has come, the day dawns. Let not the buyer rejoice nor the seller mourn, for wrath shall be upon all the throng.

13 The seller shall not regain what he sold as long as he lives, for wrath shall be upon all the throng. Because of his sins, no one shall preserve his life.

14 They shall sound the trumpet and make everything ready, yet no one shall go to war, for my wrath is upon all the throng.

15 The sword is outside; pestilence and hunger are within. He that is in the country shall die by the sword; pestilence and famine shall devour those in the city.

16 Even those who escape and flee to the mountains like the doves of the valleys--I will put them all to death, each one for his own sins.

17 All their hands shall be limp, and all their knees shall run with water.

18 They shall put on sackcloth, and horror shall cover them; shame shall be on all their faces and baldness on all their heads.

19 They shall fling their silver into the streets, and their gold shall be considered refuse. Their silver and gold cannot save them on the day of the LORD'S wrath. They shall not be allowed to satisfy their craving or fill their bellies, for this has been the occasion of their sin.

20 In the beauty of their ornaments they put their pride: they made of them their abominable images (their idols). For this reason I make them refuse.

21 I will hand them over as booty to foreigners, to be spoiled and defiled by the wicked of the earth.

22 I will turn away my face from them, and my treasure shall be profaned: robbers shall enter and profane it.

23 They shall wreak slaughter, for the land is filled with bloodshed and the city full of violence.

24 I will bring in the worst of the nations, who shall take possession of their houses. I will put an end to their proud strength, and their sanctuaries shall be profaned.

25 When anguish comes they shall seek peace, but there will be none.

26 There shall be disaster after disaster, rumor after rumor. Prophetic vision shall fade; instruction shall be lacking to the priest, and counsel to the elders,

27 while the prince shall be enveloped in terror, and the hands of the common people shall tremble. I will deal with them according to their conduct, and according to their judgments I will judge them; thus they shall know that I am the LORD.
    If leftists didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.

I consider him a "small-a" antichrist the Bible mentions, but not THE Antichrist. I think he's not popular enough and too much of a buffoon to be THE Antichrist. But he's certainly doing a lot to pave the way.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Power CUer
    This is an election, not an eschatological event.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    This is an election, not an eschatological event.
    Yeah, tell that to the Obamessiah worshiper who, when asked what Bible verse he thought best fit Obama, cited the messianic verse about the rejected stone that became the cornerstone.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxmchue View Post
    Yeah, tell that to the Obamessiah worshiper who, when asked what Bible verse he thought best fit Obama, cited the messianic verse about the rejected stone that became the cornerstone.
    That just proves there are badly-grounded people on both sides.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    That just proves there are badly-grounded people on both sides.
    And guess which of those two groups are taken more seriously.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:

Power CUer
    By me, neither.

I've always wondered why the vast majority of conservatives and Republicans in this country were religious kooks and evangelical nutjobs, as the OP so clearly illustrates with her whackjob Christian wingnuttery.

It's very peculiar to here in America, as conservatives in other Western democracies do not fuse their politics with religion to the extent that Republicans do here in the US.

Strange. Quite strange.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
    I've always wondered why the vast majority of conservatives and Republicans in this country were religious kooks and evangelical nutjobs, as the OP so clearly illustrates with her whackjob Christian wingnuttery.

It's very peculiar to here in America, as conservatives in other Western democracies do not fuse their politics with religion to the extent that Republicans do here in the US.

Strange. Quite strange.
    I've always wondered why the vast majority of liberals and Democrats in this country were retarded liars who paint every conservative and Republican as if they were Fred Phelps and his merry band of yahoos, as both the letter writer in the other thread I started and ol' Xav here have clearly illustrated.

I guess that just comes from having their heads shoved so far up their asses.

Typical. Not surprising.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxmchue View Post
    I've always wondered why the vast majority of liberals and Democrats in this country were retarded liars who paint every conservative and Republican as if they were Fred Phelps and his merry band of yahoos, as both the letter writer in the other thread I started and ol' Xav here have clearly illustrated.

I guess that just comes from having their heads shoved so far up their asses.

Typical. Not surprising.

Well said.:D
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III