Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
    religious kooks and evangelical nutjobs, as the OP so clearly illustrates .
    I'm not an evangelical and I'm not overly religious. I'm a conservative person.
    Here .. I'll prove it to you ... FUCK OFF AND DIE. :D
    No self respecting evangelical would say that and mean it as much as I just did.

I'll repeat .. so the small minded can understand .. this was sent to me by a religious friend who lives in Alabama. She, and others, claim to have prophetic dreams in which God warns them what is coming - and what is coming isn't good - and that 'not good' thing wil come through Obama.

The word given to them, by God (they say) is Ezekiel 7.

And yes, I do believe Obama is the anti-christ.

He may be - as the previous poster said - an anti-christ and not 'THE' anti-christ.

But I believe him to be evil nontheless.
    If leftists didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    This is an election, not an eschatological event.
    Everything can be an eschatological event.
    If leftists didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
    I've always wondered why the vast majority of conservatives and Republicans in this country were religious kooks and evangelical nutjobs, as the OP so clearly illustrates with her whackjob Christian wingnuttery.

It's very peculiar to here in America, as conservatives in other Western democracies do not fuse their politics with religion to the extent that Republicans do here in the US.

Strange. Quite strange.

You're more than welcome to leave. I hear Denmark is lovely. We might even be able to start a little fundraiser here on CU if you promise not to return.

I used to believe in the end times scenario but now after research am a preterist. Most (not all) events were fulfilled in AD 70 with the destruction of Jerusalem. Nero was most likely the Antichrist. For more info you can check out americanvision.org and decide for yourself.
    Woe to those who call evil good
    and good evil,
    who put darkness for light
    and light for darkness,
    who put bitter for sweet
    and sweet for bitter.

Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    and clever in their own sight.

Isaiah 5:20-21

Quote Originally Posted by YupItsMe View Post
    You're more than welcome to leave. I hear Denmark is lovely. We might even be able to start a little fundraiser here on CU if you promise not to return.

I've been to Denmark several times. You're right, it is very lovely.

Sonnabend
    Message from a Dane i know on IM

"We don't want him..send him to Sweden please" :D:D

Quote Originally Posted by jinxmchue View Post
    I consider him a "small-a" antichrist the Bible mentions, but not THE Antichrist. I think he's not popular enough and too much of a buffoon to be THE Antichrist. But he's certainly doing a lot to pave the way.
    I agree. He's not "The One" :D but he's certainly endorsed by him.
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

You Say The Battle Is Over

Having no power to see the future, I have to say that I'm not terribly stressed. We've been in the end times for 2000 years. No one knows when these days will end. But if Obama is elected...and then a third of the population of the world suddenly disappears...anyone who is left better head for the hills. :D

Honestly, I don't believe he is the anti-christ. That one is supposed to be "good" enough to fool even the elect, and Obama has only managed to fool about half the US population. He is nothing compared to Hitler.

Neither do I believe that the tribulation happened when the temple was destroyed. That is nothing but wishful thinking.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    Neither do I believe that the tribulation happened when the temple was destroyed. That is nothing but wishful thinking.
    I beg to differ. :p That was a horrible time. i recommend Gary DeMar's Last Days Madness.
    Woe to those who call evil good
    and good evil,
    who put darkness for light
    and light for darkness,
    who put bitter for sweet
    and sweet for bitter.

Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    and clever in their own sight.

Isaiah 5:20-21

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredHome View Post
    I beg to differ. :p That was a horrible time. i recommend Gary DeMar's Last Days Madness.
    It was a horrible time. As were other times in history. It was not world-wide, and did not feature an anti-Christ , and did not end with Christ coming to rule the earth for a millenium of peace. Therefore, not "the Tribulation."
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.