1. #1 Marine vet at Russell rally: Murtha a 'fat little bastard' 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Marine vet at Russell rally: Murtha a 'fat little bastard'

NEW STANTON -- Republican congressional candidate Bill Russell's rally on Sunday featured several Iraq war veterans vehemently criticizing U.S. Rep. John Murtha (D-Johnstown), who they say betrayed them when he said troops in Iraq killed innocent civilians in Haditha "in cold blood."

Those remarks sparked Russell to run against Murtha and have been a theme of his campaign ever since.

During the rally, Shawn Bryan, a former sergeant in the U.S. Marine Corps., said Murtha visited his unit in Iraq in 2005. At the time, Murtha told the troops "what a great job we did," Bryan said, only to see him tell his district back home he no longer supported the effort.

Bryan said he didn't put his life on the line for his country "just so some fat little bastard can come back and run his mouth."

It was the second time during his speech that Bryan, who flew in from Albuquerque, New Mexico, had called Murtha a "fat little bastard" during his speech. His remarks were not publicly repudiated at the rally.

In an interview after the rally, Russell told PolitickerPA.com Bryan's comments didn't reflect his own feelings, but he did the defend the fellow veteran.

The remarks are reflective of the anger many marines, who have lost dozens of fellow soldiers during combat, feel toward Murtha, he said.

"Am I going to throw him under the bus for it?" Russell asked. "No. I understand -- he's going to say what he believes."

Murtha, who himself served 37 years in the Marine Corps and won a Bronze Star and two Purple Hearts, said about the 2005 shootings of Iraq civilians in Haditha: "Our troops overreacted because of the pressure on them, and they killed innocent civilians in cold blood."
    http://www.politickerpa.com/alexroar...little-bastard

With all due respect and honor for his service, I have to disagree with Sargeant Bryan calling Murtha "a fat, little bastard."

I don't believe Murtha is little.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by YupItsMe View Post
    With all due respect and honor for his service, I have to disagree with Sargeant Bryan calling Murtha "a fat, little bastard."

I don't believe Murtha is little.
    "This guy's career reads just like Kerry's Bull Sh*t and more Bull Sh*t !

Short bio :Murtha rose through the ranks to become a drill instructor at Parris Island and was selected for Officer Candidate School at Quantico, Virginia. Murtha was then assigned to the Second Marine Division, Camp Lejeune, North Carolina.

Murtha remained in the Marine Corps Reserves, and ran a small business, Johnstown Minute Car Wash. He also attended the University of Pittsburgh on the G.I. Bill, and received a degree in economics. Murtha later took graduate courses from the Indiana University of Pennsylvania. Murtha married his wife Joyce on June 10, 1955. They have three children and live in Johnstown.

In 1959, Murtha, then a captain, took command of the 34th Special Infantry Company, Marine Corps Reserves, in Johnstown. He remained in the Reserves after his discharge from active duty until he volunteered for service in the Vietnam War, serving from 1966 to 1967, serving as a battalion staff officer (S-2 Intelligence Section), receiving the Bronze Star with Valor device, two Purple Hearts and the Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry. He retired from the Reserves as a colonel in 1990, receiving the Navy Distinguished Service Medal.....All in one year in Viet Nam ,Something stinks here ! !

Two purple hearts? As S2? It sure does.
    I dream of the day a chicken can cross the road without it's motives being questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

heh.

:D

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Rick View Post
    Two purple hearts? As S2? It sure does.
    Paper cuts? :D
    Onward Thru the Fog

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongo55 View Post
    Paper cuts? :D
    Or a rubber band in the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post

"Am I going to throw him under the bus for it?" Russell asked. "No. I understand -- he's going to say what he believes."
    Just another reason Russell is the MAN. God I hope you pull it off Bill! :D
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

If they re-elect Murtha - they get exactly what they deserve.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

I believe that calling John Murtha, "a fat little bastard" is demeaning and insulting to fat little bastards around the world.