Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Brooklyn Marine sergeant & wife tortured, slain in Calif.; 4 of his men are arrested 

Brooklyn Marine sergeant & wife tortured, slain in Calif.; 4 of his men are arrested

BY CORKY SIEMASZKO / DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Updated Thursday, November 6th 2008, 10:35 AM

A Brooklyn-raised Marine sergeant and his new bride were tortured and killed execution-style in their California home - allegedly by four other Marines under his command.

Sgt. Jan Pawel Pietrzak, who was raised in Bensonhurst, and his wife, Quiana, were found bound and gagged in the ransacked house, each shot in the head.

Pietrzak was the suspects' sergeant at Camp Pendleton, Quiana's mother said Wednesday.

"They're monsters," Faye Jenkins told the Daily News. "They're monsters."

Pietrzak's mother, Henryka Pietrzak-Varga, said she had prepared herself "for the possibility that my son could die in Iraq."

"But to die like this, in their own home?" she told The News. "They were good kids. They didn't deserve to die like this."

LInk

:mad::mad::mad:
    Last edited by Phillygirl; 11-06-2008 at 06:18 PM. Reason: fixed link
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

This is really disturbing to me.

I do have a question, as I've never been in the military: will the killers be tried in a civil court or a military court? I suspect that they will face the death penalty in either case, I'm just curious who has jurisdiction.

Major - how does that work?

Is this a USMC issue, followed by a firing squad outcome?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    The link only takes me to the picture. Was that the entire article?
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    This is really disturbing to me.

I do have a question, as I've never been in the military: will the killers be tried in a civil court or a military court? I suspect that they will face the death penalty in either case, I'm just curious who has jurisdiction.
    Being in the military, you are subject to double jeopardy. You can be tried in military court, then in civilian courts. Or vice versa.

Those fuckers should be drawn and quartered.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Oh my god, this is horrible. I find it hard to believe.

God this is awful. I live not too far from Pendleton and it's news here.

One of the problems may be that the military has been taking in gang members because they need to meet quotas. I don't know about the Marines, but I know that the regular army has been taking gang types. Our local news has been running a series on what these guys do when they get back from Iraq and Afghanistan. They take their military expertise and apply it to their gang lives. I imagine San Diego is in for more hell.

something smells off. :( There is more to this story . . . .
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.