Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1 Italian-Inspired green beans 
    HR Corporate Scum patriot45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    10,929
    This is probably one of my only non fattening recipes, Hear that Megi!!! But we did gobble this down with Huli-Huli chicken Here.

    1 lb. green beans, trimmed
    1 cup halved grape tomatos
    4 garlic cloves, slivered
    2 Tbsp evoo
    Salt and Red pepper flakes to taste

    Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Blanch beans in boiling water for 4 - 5 minutes, then transfer to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. When cool, drain and set aside.

    Saute tomatos and garlic in oil in a large saute pan over med-high heat for 1 - 2 minutes ( remove from heat if garlic starts to burn)
    Add beans, salt and red pepper falkes and heat through.

    Pretty colors!



    Went well with the hawiian chicken!


    : “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,093
    If you ever post a recipe about lima beans, I'm going to stop reading your threads. :D

    Good to see you're smoking again.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    This is probably one of my only non fattening recipes, Hear that Megi!!! But we did gobble this down with Huli-Huli chicken Here.

    1 lb. green beans, trimmed
    1 cup halved grape tomatos
    4 garlic cloves, slivered
    2 Tbsp evoo
    Salt and Red pepper flakes to taste

    Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Blanch beans in boiling water for 4 - 5 minutes, then transfer to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. When cool, drain and set aside.

    Saute tomatos and garlic in oil in a large saute pan over med-high heat for 1 - 2 minutes ( remove from heat if garlic starts to burn)
    Add beans, salt and red pepper falkes and heat through.

    Pretty colors!



    Went well with the hawiian chicken!

    I hear you ,and I didn't say you were fat I just asked how much you weighed !
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    HR Corporate Scum patriot45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    10,929
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    If you ever post a recipe about lima beans, I'm going to stop reading your threads. :D

    Good to see you're smoking again.
    I don't do lima beans! I usually try to edit cigs or ashtrays out of the pics! They wern't mine anyway, I'm on Chantix and trying to quit again.

    : “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,093
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    I don't do lima beans! I usually try to edit cigs or ashtrays out of the pics! They wern't mine anyway, I'm on Chantix and trying to quit again.
    A couple of the smoking nazis haven't been around in a little while so I took advantage of that.

    The beans look good by the way.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,454
    Mmmmm real chicken with bones and hide!:)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Ape Articulate_Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NJ, Exit Only
    Posts
    7,977
    That is one tiny bottle of Bud.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    That is one tiny bottle of Bud.
    He is still smoking too!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •