Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 If Obama Wins, Right Wing "Crazies" Will Take up Arms, Civil War Possible..... 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Right Wing "Crazies" Will Take up Arms, Civil War Possible!

This is what the on-line Obama supporters imagine will happen of he is elected:

If there is a President Obama come next Jan. 20, normal folks better brace for what the right-wing crazies have in mind. Because it's becoming clear that they are winding themselves up now for a fresh spate of violence if Obama wins.

......As always with these folks, there's a lot of projection going on here. Because even if a President Obama follows only the most moderate of liberal agendas, the far right will look upon those policies as cause for "civil war." That was how they responded to Bill Clinton, after all -- a white male Southerner with generally conservative leanings. One can only imagine how a liberal black man from Illinois would fare.

The extremist right went into remission, largely, with the election of George W. Bush; militias disbanded because their followers believed the threat of an oppressive, gun-grabbing, baby-killing "New World Order" had largely passed. They bided their time by forming Minutemen brigades. Now they can see that their "safe" era is coming to an end.

All this time, there really has been hankering for an excuse to start acting out violently, and they see any Democratic presidency as providing that excuse. But an Obama presidency in particular will do so.

Coment from the Obamatrons :

Then there's the opinion that conservatives are crazy:

I really am concerned that all these people are seriously mentally ill. I deal with them in discussions on political forums, and it really seems like they are delusional. Some of these wingnuts simply believe that Republican administrations are comprised of tough white males bound to protect the wingnuts, and Democratic administrations are full of weak people of all races and genders with an emasculating agenda for America.
    These wingnuts are not sane. They’re not rational. They’re absolutely terrified, and they’ve been sold or have constructed this victimized worldview based on some mythology about what each party represents.
    Not sure what can be done about it, but it sure is disturbing. They seem to be opting out of the social contract that allows for democracy, their philosophy being that any means are justified to resist the Democratic party and return the Republican party to power.
    Are psychologists looking at this? What madness leads these people to live in such a paranoid dichotomy? And how can a democratic republic persist when so many of its people are violent, anti-social, and narcissistic?

There is something darkly humorous about a prediction of civil war and assassinations if Obama wins to be followed by someone who agrees saying: "Are psychologists looking at this? What madness leads these people to live in such a paranoid dichotomy? And how can a democratic republic persist when so many of its people are violent, anti-social, and narcissistic."

http://moneyrunner.blogspot.com/2008...ight-wing.html

gator
    We will be more likely to just hunker down and wait out the madness like we did with Carter and Clinton.

If Obama were to be successful in his bid for the White House - wonder what effect it would have on Rush's out-flow pipe? Noise about color couldn't remain an option for ElRushbo and that would most definitely put a kink in his delivery.

;)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    If Obama were to be successful in his bid for the White House - wonder what effect it would have on Rush's out-flow pipe? Noise about color couldn't remain an option for ElRushbo and that would most definitely put a kink in his delivery.

;)
    I have a feeling that if Obama is elected, speech like that presented by Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity are destined for the wastebasket. I wouldn't be surprised if sites like FreeRepublic and other conservative websites got added scrutiny.

The marxists don't like dissent from their message.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    We will be more likely to just hunker down and wait out the madness like we did with Carter and Clinton.
    Or just wait for technology to bail us out like Reagan...

Carter was a no better than Reagan (read: both were probably the two worst presidents in our history) and it took Bush Sr. being the sacrificial lamb to correct all the problems those two created. Its funny that his sons been such a disaster, because since JFK Bush Sr. has been the best president this country has had.

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post

Carter was a no better than Reagan (read: both were probably the two worst presidents in our history) and it took Bush Sr. being the sacrificial lamb to correct all the problems those two created. Its funny that his sons been such a disaster, because since JFK Bush Sr. has been the best president this country has had.
    I forget, what did JFK do? The only thing I can remember is the betrayal of the Cuban freedom fighters and getting his sorry ass kicked by the Soviets because he was so weak. Krushchev ate JFK's lunch.

JFK was a terrible President. He was also an arrogant asshole. His morals were very much fucked up like Clinton's. It was good justice that he and his asshole brother both got whacked.

I lived in a town with a real PT 109 veteran. I heard him speak a couple of times. He said JFK was an arrogant prick that nobody really liked. Hollywood made a hero out of the sonofabitch but the truth was much different.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post

What makes you think JFK was great? He was young, inexperienced, Kruschev was convinced that he was a cowardly greenhorn, based upon the results of their Vienna Summit, directly resulting in the Cuban Missle Crisis, he was pretty much despised by many citizens during his tenure.
    His wife did run a pretty good PR campaign though, and he had the benefit of being killed at a time when all negatives were forgotten and "Camalot" was a hit on Broadway.

Eyelids
    I'm a big fan of Civil Rights, which he essentially got passed. If you want to split hairs GWBI was the best since Ike, who was our best president since T Roosevelt

I think if its anyone it will be the Klan and or the neo Nazi's.
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Re: JFK...

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too.

(could be that inspiration thing)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)