View Poll Results: How long until the Republicans decide they want small government again?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Today or tomorrow. After the alcohol wears off.

    4 12.50%
  • January 20th, 2009

    6 18.75%
  • A year from today.

    4 12.50%
  • Just prior to the 2012 election.

    11 34.38%
  • What are you talking about? The Republicans have always been for small government.

    7 21.88%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29
  1. #11  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Their actions surely do not meet their words. I am still hopeful.
     

  2. #12  
    Senior Member Rebel Yell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South GA
    Posts
    5,181
    Quote Originally Posted by FeebMaster View Post
    That just about sums it up.

    The two party system is a triangle. Keep the people at the bottom pushing against each other so that the people at the top (who happen be in the same place) can be held up. If they didn't pretend to be so much different the people would push from the top.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad
     

  3. #13  
    Senior Member Molon Labe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jihad Me At Hello
    Posts
    4,771
    didn't even take a whole year did it Feeb?

    The small government thingy is in full swing.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown


    The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor
     

  4. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    didn't even take a whole year did it Feeb?

    The small government thingy is in full swing.
    Just not from Republicans. :p
     

  5. #15  
    Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Just not from Republicans. :p

    I would disagree there Ginger. I am a Republican and I have been pushing for small government Republicans in the primaries for nearly a decade now.

    Where I don't do so is in the General elections when the dire consequences of getting a Democrat in overrides everything else.
     

  6. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    I would disagree there Ginger. I am a Republican and I have been pushing for small government Republicans in the primaries for nearly a decade now.

    Where I don't do so is in the General elections when the dire consequences of getting a Democrat in overrides everything else.
    Well, maybe that has to change. Voting in a RINO doesn't solve the problem, it just delays the inevitable. ;)
     

  7. #17  
    Zoomie djones520's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    10,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Well, maybe that has to change. Voting in a RINO doesn't solve the problem, it just delays the inevitable. ;)
    Stamping your feet and chastising everyone for attempting to stop Obama isn't going to help change anything either.

    As I've told these guys many times already, we all can want the perfect world where we never got to the state we are today, but we have to accept reality and face it. Make the compromises you have to, and work towards that better world in anyway you can.

    Snide little polls like these just make you look childish IMO.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

    In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.
     

  8. #18  
    Senior Member Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Not Amused
    Posts
    852
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Voting in a RINO doesn't solve the problem, it just delays the inevitable. ;)
    Thank you, I needed to smile today. :D
    Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around.
     

  9. #19  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,480
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Stamping your feet and chastising everyone for attempting to stop Obama isn't going to help change anything either.

    As I've told these guys many times already, we all can want the perfect world where we never got to the state we are today, but we have to accept reality and face it. Make the compromises you have to, and work towards that better world in anyway you can.

    Snide little polls like these just make you look childish IMO.
    Assimilate?
     

  10. #20  
    Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Well, maybe that has to change. Voting in a RINO doesn't solve the problem, it just delays the inevitable. ;)

    I think the better way is to kick the RINO's out in the Primaries. Come the general election I hold my nose.
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •