Hybrid View

1. #1 Dale Earnhardt Jr. takes Lifelock 400! 
    Woohoo!! .

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    Woohoo!! .
    Who cares....is it football season yet? Preseason?

Kidding (well, not about football), but years ago I had to help out at our Daytona store for Dale Jr's booksigning during Speedweeks out there....it was the most incredible event I had ever been to (including some big name booksignings at my own store at that time). Fans--of ALL ages and backgrounds--lined up 12 hours before...we had security all over the place...and I was part of the crew "guarding" the back door where he was supposed to enter the building...and he pulled up in his gold Suburban...and the crowd RUSHED the barricades to get to him....luckily I wasn't trampled...but I mean after people got their book signed girls were crying...geez...it was a little bizarre. I know NASCAR is big, but he isn't Brad Pitt or anything. :D
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    Woohoo!! .
    It's about time!! It's good to see him in Victory Lane again...even if it is with Hendricks. :eek:

He was lucky. I hate races decided by gas mileage rather than performance.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

As Richard Petty once said, "I'd rather be 'lucky' than 'good' any Sunday."

Jr. did have at least a 5th or 6th place car all afternoon, but it was good to see him have some "luck" too. :D

We sold our motor home going on three years ago. For 16 good years we drove to and camped at three NASCAR Cup races a year. Now we do our 'attending' in front of our 46" HDTV. :) Between the new 'rules' (since '02) and now the 'spec' cars we don't think it is worthwhile to go to the expense and traffic to attend anymore because NASCAR had taken the racing out of racing.... :(
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." author Will Rogers