Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Power CUer
    I assume you're joking, Biccat, and you would not really put all of your money into one stock.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I assume you're joking, Biccat, and you would not really put all of your money into one stock.
    Of course not. But hindsight is always 20-20. If I could go back, I'd also put a couple hundred thousand into Amazon at it's IPO.

Also, I tipped from +.2% to -.2%, so I am officially in the red for today. Aaw man. :(

Sold some stock yesterday on the runup. My broker, one of the multitude of VP's with a major brokerage company, said that he thought there would be a downturn today, as he feared O would get elected. Looks like he's right. Wish I had dumped even more of what I still have left.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Don't you know the old saying, "Buy on the rumor, sell on the news" ? :)
    They were buying yesterday as the rumors of a McCain comeback were spreading.

They sold today when reality hit. It is not a surprise, Obama promises Capital Gains and corporate tax hikes. That reduces the profitability of investments.

Now when you figure out that this means ALL investments, like those in new manufacturing plants and in new businesses and in new technologies - and that those investments mean jobs, you will understand just how ignorant Obama's economic plans are.

Money simply will not be invested to the degree it was before - it will move to safer and less beneficial places - like overseas.
    Last edited by Constitutionally Speaking; 11-05-2008 at 01:34 PM.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    They were buying yesterday as the rumors of a McCain comeback were spreading.

They sold today when reality hit. It is not a surprise, Obama promises Capital Gains and corporate tax hikes. That reduces the profitability of investments.

Now when you figure out that this means ALL investments, like those in new manufacturing plants and in new businesses and in new technologies - and that those investments mean jobs, you will understand just how ignorant Obama's economic plans are.

Money simply will not be invested to the degree it was before - it will move to safer and less beneficial places - like overseas.
    This is exactly what I am seeing and thinking, I believe that the down will be down for years to come.
    I hope that I am wrong. But I believe that businesses and investors are going to be fleeing the U.S. for some time to come.
    "If you're going through Hell... Keep on going"-Rodney Atkins

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KCornett View Post
    This is exactly what I am seeing and thinking, I believe that the down will be down for years to come.
    I hope that I am wrong. But I believe that businesses and investors are going to be fleeing the U.S. for some time to come.

There will be a recovery next summer/fall as the impact of the recent oil price drop begins to trickle through the economy, but the long term prospects of Obama's plans IF enacted, will be devastating.

I for one, will be one business owner that closes shop and retires. I work too hard to have it all taken away. I simply will quit working so hard and retire.

My employees will have to find other jobs. It sucks and they are good people, but I cannot risk my family's welfare if the income is not there to justify the risk.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.