Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Summer Vacations 
    I'm going to Utah this summer. I'll be taking a 12 year old and we're going to Moab for some hiking and white water rafting.

What are y'all doing?

I'm going to Las Vegas in late-July. Mom and sister are going as well. Moms and daughters who drink and gamble together stay together. That's our motto. :D

Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post
    I'm going to Las Vegas in late-July. Mom and sister are going as well. Moms and daughters who drink and gamble together stay together. That's our motto. :D
    That sounds like fun! I've never been to Vegas and would probably do it as an all girls weekend as well.

I think it's a staycation for me this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    I'm going to Utah this summer. I'll be taking a 12 year old and we're going to Moab for some hiking and white water rafting.

What are y'all doing?
    Who's the lucky 12 year old? :p
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Quote Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
    Who's the lucky 12 year old? :p
    My middle nephew. He's probably the most athletic of the 4 of them and would like the outdoorsy stuff (I'm trying to decide if we're going to go canyoneering...so far I've settled on a hummber tour through Canyonlands Park, with a hike through Arches and then a 2 day whitewater rafting trip). If all goes well in a year or two I may take more of them for a 5 day white water rafting trip through the Grand Canyon.

In this economy!!!! Y'all must be trust fund babies.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

My middle nephew. He's probably the most athletic of the 4 of them and would like the outdoorsy stuff (I'm trying to decide if we're going to go canyoneering...so far I've settled on a hummber tour through Canyonlands Park, with a hike through Arches and then a 2 day whitewater rafting trip). If all goes well in a year or two I may take more of them for a 5 day white water rafting trip through the Grand Canyon.
    Canyonlands and Arches Parks are awesome. They were more impressive to me than the Grand Canyon, because they aren't so crowded and more primitive, particularly Canyonlands. They don't have the handprints of humans on them yet, just totally wild and beautiful.

I'm jealous, haven't been there for over 3 years. Have a greyt trip, should be fun.

No more trips for us, sigh. We were in Florida for a week the beginning of May, so we're done for the year. Really need another vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Canyonlands and Arches Parks are awesome. They were more impressive to me than the Grand Canyon, because they aren't so crowded and more primitive, particularly Canyonlands. They don't have the handprints of humans on them yet, just totally wild and beautiful.

I'm jealous, haven't been there for over 3 years. Have a greyt trip, should be fun.

No more trips for us, sigh. We were in Florida for a week the beginning of May, so we're done for the year. Really need another vacation.
    I wasn't going to take one this summer since I went away in February...but I'm antsy. So it's sort of a last minute thing. I really loved the Grand Canyon and have been dying to get back out west.

I wasn't going to take one this summer since I went away in February...but I'm antsy. So it's sort of a last minute thing. I really loved the Grand Canyon and have been dying to get back out west.
    Understand the antsy thing, have that syndrome myself. The best vacations are those last minute things. If you loved the Grand Canyon, you'll really like Canyonlands and Arches. Be careful in Canyonlands, it's very remote. There aren't many visitors there, at least not when I was there.

I prefer the West to any beach in the world, truly God's country. But when I go on a vacation, I don't like going where there are condos spoiling the beach views. I prefer remote---maybe see too many people on my job and just like to go to a quiet place.